Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10rnds, 25y, b8, 5 seconds from high ready

voodoo_man, hey one thing I thought of for you, is GSSF. That might be a good competition - it's pure shooting totally devoid of tactics or much of any tactical context. It's for Glocks, which you shoot. You can probably start out in the Amateur Divisions and potentially win up to four guns in one match. Especially if you shoot like in the OP.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    voodoo_man, hey one thing I thought of for you, is GSSF. That might be a good competition - it's pure shooting totally devoid of tactics or much of any tactical context. It's for Glocks, which you shoot. You can probably start out in the Amateur Divisions and potentially win up to four guns in one match. Especially if you shoot like in the OP.
    I cant be bought.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I do an exercise with the guys and girls I work with, I have them write down the top five skillsets they need to survive during their shift everyday. I am not talking about "shooting" because that is general, but a very specific skillset. "Drawing from retention and putting 5 shots on target as fast, and as accurately, as possible at 3 yards." Is something we normally get to then I asked them how often they practice this skillset - nearly zero. Make a list, make a standard for that skillset, keep changing it as your personal requirements change and as you evolve as a shooter/fighter/dangerous human being.
    Goal set much?
    Seriously though, actually doing this is phenomenal.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    If you like free guns, I recommend this.
    I won a gun via performance award, a few hundred bucks for performance award, and a two year membership as a random award, all by my second match.
    In my experience, it's a very different setting/execution than a "normal" USPSA/IDPA/3-Gun match, but not so much that I wouldn't endure it for the awards.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you like free guns, I recommend this.
    I won a gun via performance award, a few hundred bucks for performance award, and a two year membership as a random award, all by my second match.
    In my experience, it's a very different setting/execution than a "normal" USPSA/IDPA/3-Gun match, but not so much that I wouldn't endure it for the awards.
    Bloody hell! I've won two gun certificatess devoid of any performance from the random gun draws sprinkled throughout. LOL "I was there awards"

Did win $50 on merit once though.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-12-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Fantastic Shooting !!!

Yesterday's target. The first time I shot a 10 round group with gloves on. Don't remember the brand of gloves but I got them from Botach, leather outer with some sort of aramid anti-cut liner. They made the windy 23 degree weather bearable enough to hang on to a 1911. The material on the end of my trigger finger was rubbing on my support hand but the effect didn't appear to be detrimental. However overall sensitivity on the trigger was diminished somewhat. I just concentrated on keeping the sights aligned. 25 yards.

Attachment 5547
    Last edited by JohnO; 01-19-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Yesterday's target. The first time I shot a 10 round group with gloves on. Don't remember the brand of gloves but I got them from Botach, leather outer with some sort of aramid anti-cut liner. They made the windy 23 degree weather bearable enough to hang on to a 1911. The material on the end of my trigger finger was rubbing on my support hand but the effect didn't appear to be detrimental. However overall sensitivity on the trigger was diminished somewhat. I just concentrated on keeping the sights aligned. 25 yards.
    Nice shooting. Gotta love those semi-wadcutters
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

veryone wants to be a GM, but what is having a GM title going to do for you in a real world deadly force confrontation?
    Absolutely nothing. I am no better off as a USPSA GM than I was as a Marksman PPC shooter when I started back in 1977. Is that the answer you wanted to hear?

User Tag List