Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10rnds, 25y, b8, 5 seconds from high ready

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    You can't triple stamp a double stamp!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I was reasonably impressed until I saw that one down in the eight ring, tsk, tsk.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I know you are not interested in competition, but I will share this thought as regards competition.

When someone reports something, like in a DOW, or posts a video (as I did this morning in the HK thread), it means nothing to me, except they are capable of that level of performance at least once, in a situation they control. What really means something to me, is when someone shoots on demand in front of others, without mulligans, with the results, good or bad, known to all. While it is theoretically possible to do that in a class, it is an unusual opportunity. At matches, you do it five stages in a row, match after match, with the results posted on the web and accessible to all. In that regard, USPSA is one of the best on demand shooting tests and the ultimate truth meter.

I think if you could disregard that "it ain't tactical" and embrace the pure technical shooting of USPSA, you would both enjoy it and dramatically improve your on demand skills.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I know you are not interested in competition, but I will share this thought as regards competition.

When someone reports something, like in a DOW, or posts a video (as I did this morning in the HK thread), it means nothing to me, except they are capable of that level of performance at least once, in a situation they control. What really means something to me, is when someone shoots on demand in front of others, without mulligans, with the results, good or bad, known to all. While it is theoretically possible to do that in a class, it is an unusual opportunity. At matches, you do it five stages in a row, match after match, with the results posted on the web and accessible to all. In that regard, USPSA is one of the best on demand shooting tests and the ultimate truth meter.

I think if you could disregard that "it ain't tactical" and embrace the pure technical shooting of USPSA, you would both enjoy it and dramatically improve your on demand skills.
    Believe me when I say I appreciate the suggestion and wholeheartedly understand that posting a photo of something, or even a video of something may be BS (see instructor zero, haley, etc), I am always the first person to call out such BS when I see it. I regularly train with people who give absolutely zero fucks about "could" "would" or "might" if you can't perform on demand you need to train more.

Without turning this thread into a big discussion on gaming vs real world stuff, I will just say this. I have spent a good part of many years training gun handling, shooting and tactics. I am fairly positive given my previous performance (in a private class about two or three months ago) that I have the "on demand" performance down when it comes to gun handling and shooting. I will forever be a student of tactics and their application into my profession and as well as how they pertain to the CCW citizen. I am choosing to, now, spend my time on other forms of training that I have neglected in the past to solidify my ability in the aforementioned areas.

If I am fortunate enough to see retirement and am still physically capable of instructing then I may compete, but not sooner.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 01-07-2016 at 07:09 PM. Reason: english, not first language
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Believe me when I say I appreciate the suggestion and wholeheartedly understand that posting a photo of something, or even a video of something may be BS (see instructor zero, haley, etc), I am always the first person to call out such BS when I see it. I regularly train with people who give absolutely zero fucks about "could" "would" or "might" if you can't perform on demand you need to train more.

Without turning this thread into a big discussion on gaming vs real world stuff, I will just say this. I have spent a good part of many years training gun handling, shooting and tactics. I am fairly positive given my previous performance (in a private class about two or three months ago) that I have the "on demand" performance down when it comes to gun handling and shooting. I will forever be a student of tactics and their application into my profession and as well as how they pertain to the CCW citizen. I am choosing to, now, spend my time on other forms of training that I have neglected in the past to solidify my ability in the aforementioned areas.

If I am fortunate enough to see retirement and am still physically capable of instructing then I may compete, but not sooner.
    Makes sense to me, given your profession. Stay safe brother.

What is your profession? Police officer right? Just curious..
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What is your profession? Police officer right? Just curious..
    I'm in the social management and waste reduction services business.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Nice job VDM!

Uhhhh, I know we went down this road so I'm not going to harp on you about it or anything - aggressive precision is also the way to do well in USPSA.
    Bah, just jump up to major...
    Don't sweat no charlies.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys that hates reloading after every array, so Lim Minor with a 17. HF be damned.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Site Supporter

Can't hate that...I honestly think your stand and shoot skills are pretty great.

Just gonna poke the bear one more time and say that you could probably shoot a "classifier" match...it's essentially a series of drills that can't really be gamed a huge amount. A couple clubs have them and I suspect you'd find it less "gamey" than a full blown match with 30 round courses and that require a more "game" attitude when it comes to breaking down stages.

Just an idea

That's some fine shooting v_d.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List