Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me spend some money on suppressors

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What, no 9/.45 can? Little less bare bones, please!
    I'd rather have two rimfire cans than one rimfire can and a centerfire pistol can. Pistol cans are a novelty.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Slightly less bare bones and more realistic:

• SiCo Omega - 5.56 through .300WinMag, comes with both QD mount and direct thread mount for precision rifles

• SiCo Harvester - ultra light and extremely well priced ($500-ish), designed for hunting and precision work

• Dead Air Mask - .22, .17 HMR X2
    If the idea is to simply cover the bases, I'm not sure it would be worth purchasing both an Omega and a Harvester. With the direct thread module on the Omega, there's less than a 3 ounce difference between the two (11.3 vs 14), and the Omega is shorter, more versatile, and quieter according to SiCo. The Harvester is a bargain for sure, but it's still a $700 investment with the stamp.

I think GJM should take a hard look at the SiCo Hybrid for use on his guide guns, plus it's another rifle can that also covers the pistols. I agree that pistol cans are novelties.

I guess my suggestions would be...

SiCo Omega - 5.7/5.56/300blk/7.62/300WM
    SiCo Hybrid - 9mm/45/5.56/300blk/7.62/458SOCOM/45-70
    Dead Air Mask - .17/.22/5.7

GJM likes shotguns, so if he felt like splurging, he could also grab a Salvo.
    Last edited by StraitR; 01-07-2016 at 10:31 PM.

For precision rifle.... Thunder Beast Ultra series. I have an Ultra 9 being transferred to my local dealer now and I should be sending off a Form 4 in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    If the idea is to simply cover the bases, I'm not sure it would be worth purchasing both an Omega and a Harvester. With the direct thread module on the Omega, there's less than a 3 ounce difference between the two (11.3 vs 14), and the Omega is shorter, more versatile, and quieter according to SiCo. The Harvester is a bargain for sure, but it's still a $700 investment with the stamp.

I think GJM should take a hard look at the SiCo Hybrid for use on his guide guns, plus it's another rifle can that also covers the pistols. I agree that pistol cans are novelties.

I guess my suggestions would be...

SiCo Omega - 5.7/5.56/300blk/7.62/300WM
    SiCo Hybrid - 9mm/45/5.56/300blk/7.62/458SOCOM/45-70
    Dead Air Mask - .17/.22/5.7

GJM likes shotguns, so if he felt like splurging, he could also grab a Salvo.
    You need to remember that his wife trains with him and hunts with him.
    #RESIST

You need to remember that his wife trains with him and hunts with him.
    Oh, I didn't forget, as I'm green with envy. I think this is precisely why I wouldn't bother with a Harvester, because they do more than just hunting. If they're constantly training together, it only makes sense to have two cans capable high volume 5.56 firing schedules as well as hunting chores. One person shooting suppressed while the other doesn't is silly, which is basically the same philosophy you have for rimfire cans. So, if anything, two Omega's would be more prudent and only slightly more expensive (+$300). Likewise, they could accomplish the same with one Omega and one Hybrid while sharing ASR muzzle devices, and still have coverage on 45-70's and pistols.

ETA: We all know George will end up with a dozen cans anyway, so this is just a matter of what he buys first.
    Last edited by StraitR; 01-07-2016 at 11:37 PM.

I would appreciate if you guys keep hashing things out tonight, and let me know the answer in the morning.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter

Help me spend some money on suppressors

I'd rather have two rimfire cans than one rimfire can and a centerfire pistol can. Pistol cans are a novelty.
    I basically agree with this. The only thing I use my pistol can for is on a pistol caliber carbine (a Colt 9mm AR) for when I want to shoot plates at relatively close range without having to wear ear pro.
    Last edited by nalesq; 01-07-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    I basically agree with this. The only thing I use my pistol can for is on a pistol caliber carbine (a Colt 9mm AR) for when I want to shoot plates at relatively close range.
    I have an Evo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I would appreciate if you guys keep hashing things out tonight, and let me know the answer in the morning.
    After I hit this Powerball on Saturday, I'll swing by VA in my new Bombardier Challenger 650 to pick up LL, and we can all discuss it over a beer.

I have an Evo.
    I'm planning on picking up an Evo as well, and SBR'ng it. The plan is to pick up a 9mm pistol can for use just with this SBR. I have a 762-SDN-6 for rifle use. No interest in using the 9mm can on a pistol. Looking at both Silencerco and Griffin 9mm cans; anybody have experience with either one? Any other 9mm favorites for SBR use?

User Tag List