Thread: HK VP9 Maintenance Schedule

HK VP9 Maintenance Schedule

Anybody have solid information on a preventive maintenance schedule for the HK VP9? I tried contacting HK USA, but I haven't been satisfied with their responses (see below). My carry guns are both at around 4k, enough to ensure reliability, and won't get shot much more than that, but my training gun is going to be run a lot harder, and I would prefer to stay on top of maintenance rather than wait until something breaks.

Last edited by Casey; 01-07-2016 at 01:01 AM.

This may help you out, I had the same question with the HK45 and Jody threw out some answers:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....return-springs
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

The VP9 doesn't lock up real tight when it's brand new, I personally would change out the recoil spring every 7500 or so.
    I'm good with 20k on the hammer fired H&K's because there's a lot more things going on to slow down the slide like the hammer cocking against the mainspring.
    The forces are spread out over multiple components with a lot of mechanical interactions to eat up the energy.
    On striker fired pistols the recoil spring is doing the majority of the work.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

You're like an HK maintenance Confucius. We bring gifts of bread and incense and you give us wisdom.

Beware internet advice, it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

That said, I try to do my research before I just throw out numbers and such.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I asked a HK advanced armorer about maitanance schedules. He said the first major service intervals start between 10k -15k(just like the response you got from HK). He mentioned springs but nothing specific.

I would imagine recoil spring,TRS, striker spring... But that is just a guess.
    Last edited by EVP; 01-07-2016 at 04:50 PM.

HK Customer Service told me also that the replacement interval on my VP40 is every 10K rounds.

I'm comfortable with that, but will personally probably replace it at 7.5K - 8K.

Best, Jon

10K per TRS has worked fine for me and that's with consistent dry fire.

User Tag List