Thread: Unexpectedly need help replacing Vertec grip panels.

Site Supporter

Unexpectedly need help replacing Vertec grip panels.

Hi all. I bought a used Beretta Vertec via Gunbroker that I believe was a police trade in. The pistol is in decent shape but the grips that came on the pistol were some very beat up crimson trace laser grips. I ordered some new factory grips and grip screws from Beretta thinking that replacing grips would be well within my limited capabilities. However, tonight I find that the holes in the grip panels do not line up with the holes in the pistol. The grip panel holes are just a tiny bit too far apart. Is there some trick to doing this that I don't know about? Right now it looks like I'll have to try to enlarge the grip panel hole a little bit. If anyone has any advice in the matter, I'd certainly appreciate it. Thanks.

Common issue, proof is that it anecdotally happened to me as well. Samle of two = all of them.
    Enlarging the holes is the way, I recommend the lower hole unless you want to shave the top of the grips as well to avoid slide rub.
    Also check for trigger bar rub.
    -EU

Quote Originally Posted by the_ure View Post
    Common issue, proof is that it anecdotally happened to me as well. Samle of two = all of them.
    Enlarging the holes is the way, I recommend the lower hole unless you want to shave the top of the grips as well to avoid slide rub.
    Also check for trigger bar rub.

-EU
    This. Although depending on how much you need to remove, it may be best to split the difference between both holes. Hard to say without seeing it. Is it the same way on both sides?

Always start by altering the cheapest, most replaceable part, in this case a pair of $15 grip panels.

Site Supporter
    A new option has appeared - Wilson is now offering G10 Vertec grips:

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...DFS%2DVT%2DDO/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A new option has appeared - Wilson is now offering G10 Vertec grips:

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...DFS%2DVT%2DDO/
    Holy crap, when did this happen?
    The guy from Lucky Gunner

Site Supporter
    Thanks everyone for the comments. My apologies for taking so ridiculously long to reply. It's good to know that this is a common problem, though the fact that this is a problem at all is ridiculous. I butchered one sent of grips and grip screws, so maybe I will do better on my second attempt. The spacing is different enough that I'll definitely need to relieve some on each hole. Also, the spacing is a problem for both grips. I checked Wilson Combat for Vertec grips when I made the original post, but I sure didn't see the Vertec grips! My longer term hope/plan is to send the gun to Wilson, and I'm glad that the VC grips will be an option when/if I send the pistol off.

User Tag List