Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duty Belt Holder for Estrela

IME, the LT tacos are just not as good. Much harder to reinsert stuff. The pistol ones are very difficult to use for flashlights. Haven't tried the rifle taco/light holder yet, and will have to.

I'm curious if one of the BFG TenSpeed belt pouches would work, e.g., the baton pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    IME, the LT tacos are just not as good. Much harder to reinsert stuff. The pistol ones are very difficult to use for flashlights. Haven't tried the rifle taco/light holder yet, and will have to.
    Whoa. Thanks for that. You just saved me from buying the wrong ones.

M

T,

Why is it all black:-)

that looks pretty good, I had in my mind that there would be lots of dead space in the taco, but obviously not. Does your radio stay just fine in a pursuit without a strap?

Is that the AR mag Taco in the pic with the light in it?
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 04-14-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

T,

Why is it all black:-)

that looks pretty good, I had in my mind that there would be lots of dead space in the taco, but obviously not. Does your radio stay just fine in a pursuit without a strap?
    I actually consider myself fortunate I get away with it not being basketweave. :-/

The radio is pretty snug in there and does a good job of staying put. You could always flip the shock chord over the antennae too but I've not found that necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Is that the AR mag Taco in the pic with the light in it?

Yessir. Both pictured are.

EDIT- The reason the light might appear to be sitting so high is I keep a couple pair of nitrile gloves in there underneath it.
    Last edited by taadski; 04-14-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Agreed. I was expecting the same. This actually seems like a very attractive solution.

Ditto concerns on the radio, but this even seems worlds ahead of the crappy holders I've seen on people's belts. I bet it holds better/worse with different radios, depending on how much there is for the clips to grab onto.

FWIW, I'm very happy with this holder so far: http://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-Ph...dp/B001DZPBXM/. Very, adjustable, both horizontal and vertical mounting options, let's you get to all the buttons you care about, solid locking strap, MOLLE compatible but works great right on a 2.25" duty belt.

Just grabbed a Taco for this the other day. I too thought there would be lots of dead space, but it holds the light very snugly. Great solution.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have a molle single mag Taco on the front of my best for my Estrela.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List