Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duty Belt Holder for Estrela

Duty Belt Holder for Estrela

Feel free to move this to the accessories forum if it makes more sense there.

For the uniformed patrol guys that use the Estrela flashlight, what belt holder are you using?

I PM'ed Chuck about this, but it sounds like he too doesn't have any hard and fast answers for belt carry. Nightreaper is very long overdue to release a holder, with no signs of that happening anytime soon. Chuck mentioned the idea of asking Blade Tech (http://shop.blade-tech.com/tactical-...-81_39_51.html) if they could make one that'd fit the Estrela.

I'd be very interested in any answers you get. The soft pouch mine came with is starting to tear at the elastic on one side. I was actually about to post a thread for this question myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I have a HSGI Taco rifle mag pouch that sits at about 8 o'clock on my duty belt. It's my dedicated "light pouch". I currently carry a Fury in it bezel down, but it'll fit an assortment of bezels. It also doubles as a rifle magazine carrier (). When deploying a carbine, the light goes in a BDU or back pocket and it becomes my primary load location for the rifle since the handheld is now likely going to be a backup light anyway. YMMV.

t

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I have a HSGI Taco rifle mag pouch that sits at about 8 o'clock on my duty belt. It's my dedicated "light pouch". I currently carry a Fury in it bezel down, but it'll fit an assortment of bezels. It also doubles as a rifle magazine carrier (). When deploying a carbine, the light goes in a BDU or back pocket and it becomes my primary load location for the rifle since the handheld is now likely going to be a backup light anyway. YMMV.

t

This has been and will continue to be a suggestion of mine and most are reporting back that it works very well for them. I've never mentioned the carbine use thing but I'll save the thread for future purposes.

I also ordered an Estrella last night so...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I have a generic basket weave one that fit my old (now backup) Pelican light. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    This has been and will continue to be a suggestion of mine and most are reporting back that it works very well for them. I've never mentioned the carbine use thing but I'll save the thread for future purposes.

I also ordered an Estrella last night so...
    Are y'all using belt Tacos, something like the Raven Moduloader system, or something else entirely? Also, is the original or LT version better for this application? Love the Estrela, hate the factory pouch for this application.

Quote Originally Posted by kobuksonhwacha View Post
    Are y'all using belt Tacos, something like the Raven Moduloader system, or something else entirely? Also, is the original or LT version better for this application? Love the Estrela, hate the factory pouch for this application.

I use the original rifle tacos. One in this application and one for my packset. No experience with the new LT ones. The old standard malice clips work well with the 2.25" duty belts as an attachment solution too.

Anyone have any experiences using the Taco pistol pouch for this? That was the direction I was thinking of, provided I can get my Estrela replaced with a working one.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Anyone have any experiences using the Taco pistol pouch for this? That was the direction I was thinking of, provided I can get my Estrela replaced with a working one.
    You'll be limited to bezel up carry, but the pistol pouches work fine for a 6P sized light body. I just prefer having the lens covered and the rifle pouch adds the additional utility.

You'll be limited to bezel up carry, but the pistol pouches work fine for a 6P sized light body. I just prefer having the lens covered and the rifle pouch adds the additional utility.
    Okay, bezel down was what I was looking for, so I'll go with the rifle pouch.

User Tag List