Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why We Can't Have Nice Things

If I was a Chief or Sheriff and I had a troop pull some shit like that I would fire them on the spot. They are obviously too fucktarded and lacking in common sense to be allowed to run around with a badge and gun.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

It's an endemic problem. We require by policy that officers that opt to carry a WML, also carry a flashlight on their belt.

We recently had an officer use a WML to "help out" another officer on a felony stop by using his WML to illuminate the susp's hands while the cuffs were being double locked.

I've been thinking my agency is way behind by NOT approving WMLs, but after reading this thread, I now see management is really there to help and save us from ourselves (partial jest).

With that said, if WMLs do get approved, how much more training (in hours) is really required, given we've already had stand-alone flashlight training. We also don't have lights on our shotguns (we must use only department shotguns), but that's yet another issue.

I am retired from that department but before I retired I can tell you the detective bureau ceiling and a few desks had holes in them. We also had a guy shoot himself while screwing around. Nitwits with guns play with them instead using them appropriately. Getting fired from that department at least when I was on is less likely than getting hit by lightning. The department actually does move to fire but it seems that in every case the Civil Service hearing reverses the firing. As I am sure you realized 90% of the so called A/D's are never reported and despite the holes nothing is ever said
    Last edited by xcop; 01-12-2016 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcop View Post
    I am retired from that department but before I retired I can tell you the detective bureau ceiling and a few desks had holes in them. We also had a guy shoot himself while screwing around. Nitwits with guns play with them instead using them appropriately. Getting fired from that department at least when I was on is less likely than getting hit by lightning. The department actually does move to fire but it seems that in every case the Civil Service hearing reverses the firing. As I am sure you realized 90% of the so called A/D's are never reported and despite the holes nothing is ever said
    Name:  14c71cc98b4ce9bd27de4f03def68fec.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  52.4 KB

And then there was the day the MPs at the guard shack to the SCIF got bored, starting playing fast draw, and shot out the window...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

At my agency we adopted WML in 2009 for all patrol officers. Our training was 4 hours classroom with written tests on policy as well as use of force etc, dry drills practicing manipulating the wml. The range portion was 4 hours at night and included the use of handheld light techniques as well as wml manipulation. We get 4 hours of night fire every year in addition to our 8 hours of daylight training. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    If I was a Chief or Sheriff and I had a troop pull some shit like that I would fire them on the spot. They are obviously too fucktarded and lacking in common sense to be allowed to run around with a badge and gun.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, only pointing out that while it's one thing to direct traffic with a WML, it's an entirely different thing to have an ND while doing so.....

Completely different level of fucktardation.
    Last edited by john c; 01-13-2016 at 10:15 PM.

What I find disturbing is the number of times someone probably directed traffic with a WML without an ND.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List