Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Why We Can't Have Nice Things

I found on another forum and had to share. It's the LASD report on their M&P "problems." Link to the report: https://oig.lacounty.gov/Portals/OIG...e%20Report.pdf

I haven't had a chance to read every page, but it includes gems such as this (Page 20): "A deputy was inexplicably directing traffic with the weapon-mounted light rather than with a flashlight as trained by the LASD. The deputy discharged one round while doing so. This gun light did not have a grip switch attached."

The conclusions seem to support the idea that the ND's were a training issue. Not surprising since my cursory scan showed they had two-hours to get used to the WML.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    "A deputy was inexplicably directing traffic with the weapon-mounted light..."
    The first time I heard that referred to, I thought it was hyperbole for humor's sake and not an actual thing. "Surely nobody could be that dumb," I thought to myself...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    "Surely nobody could be that dumb," I thought to myself...
    Please, stop thinking that - they take it as a challenge....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

John, you've got to get into Chiefthink mode: "It's a light. I switch on the light in my office all the time, a WML can't be any harder. Budget two hours training only because firearms guys are whining loudly that it's not that easy."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

My information on the LASO program, and that of Denver PD where they have also had numerous NDs with pistols with WMLs, is that what they call "training" is actualy what I would consider the very definition of what the courts have called "deliberate indifference to training".

Training................
    Name:  ThatWord.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  45.5 KB
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Our patrol division is getting WML's this year. Im waiting for someone to use their's during the HGN test.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Our patrol division is getting WML's this year. Im waiting for someone to use their's during the HGN test.
    You say that in jest but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. It took years for us to get WML's on our handguns. Years ago, out former superintendent saw a county deputy use his WML to check the VIN plate on a vehicle. That one stupid action by someone who wasn't even a member of our agency doomed WML's for years.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The first time I heard that referred to, I thought it was hyperbole for humor's sake and not an actual thing. "Surely nobody could be that dumb," I thought to myself...
    Just when you think something has been sailor-proofed, they build a better sailor....

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    You say that in jest but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. It took years for us to get WML's on our handguns. Years ago, out former superintendent saw a county deputy use his WML to check the VIN plate on a vehicle. That one stupid action by someone who wasn't even a member of our agency doomed WML's for years.
    Unfortunately, it was only partly in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I haven't had a chance to read every page, but it includes gems such as this (Page 20): "A deputy was inexplicably directing traffic with the weapon-mounted light rather than with a flashlight as trained by the LASD. The deputy discharged one round while doing so. This gun light did not have a grip switch attached."
    Read that and said, "yup." Not surprised, at all.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-10-2016 at 03:57 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List