Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BUY NOW IF YOU WANT TO USE A TRUST, Obama requiring background checks for NFA

BUY NOW IF YOU WANT TO USE A TRUST, Obama requiring background checks for NFA

Yes, it's time to panic. Literally texting Hansohn Bros right now. BUY NOW. Contact Hansohn, they are moving quick to get paperwork in. I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I'm told this may take a few weeks to implement.

If there is something local on a Form 4 that you want and you don't want to deal with CLEO sign off, BUY IT NOW. If you have an anti NFA CLEO and don't live in a shall sign state, buy what you want that is available on a Form 4 locally and do it NOW.

From Obama's press conference scheduled for tomorrow

Require background checks for people trying to buy some of the most dangerous weapons and other items through a trust or corporation. The National Firearms Act imposes restrictions on sales of some of the most dangerous weapons, such as machine guns and sawed-off shotguns. But because of outdated regulations, individuals have been able to avoid the background check requirement by applying to acquire these firearms and other items through trusts, corporations, and other legal entities. In fact, the number of these applications has increased significantly over the years—from fewer than 900 applications in the year 2000 to more than 90,000 applications in 2014. ATF is finalizing a rule that makes clear that people will no longer be able to avoid background checks by buying NFA guns and other items through a trust or corporation.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 01-04-2016 at 09:15 PM.
    #RESIST

Well fuck me runnin'.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The bit at the end about encouraging federal agencies to look into using "smart guns" is laughable, no? Encourage all you want, but I don't think that people who depend on their guns functioning properly in order to protect their lives as they do their jobs are going to be happy about introducing additional points of failure into those guns.

Fuck.... Guess I better make some calls tomorrow. Need a supressor or two and at least 1 more sbr....

Is it killing the use of trusts or will trustees just need to pass a BG check? I've read mixed summaries on this one in the past.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    When was the last time you heard a NFA firearm was used in a crime?

This will not solve any problems......it's all about control.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Is it killing the use of trusts or will trustees just need to pass a BG check? I've read mixed summaries on this one in the past.
    [PanicHat]Well, it would actually be somewhat logical for trustees to require a background check, and not too terribly onerous - so yeah, it means NO MORE TRUSTS.[/PanicHat]
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

This is confusing (sorry). I'd like a trust so I don't have to worry about my immediate family having access to my future NFA purchases. I have none currently.

Does this mean that I will no longer be able to share ownership with another person for an NFA item? Or just that we'd all need background checks?

Can I set up a trust to purchase NFA items even if I'm not planning on purchasing any in the near future?

so now you'll have to have a background check? Don't we already do that every time we buy a gun? What will be different about this?

I have the trust paper work (in a PDF if anybody wants it) and really really want a supressor and SBR but it's gonna be a couple months before I has the money
    Last edited by Luke; 01-04-2016 at 08:39 PM.
    i used to wannabe

A sensible thing would be to just have people buy NFA items like a normal firearm, and abolish the whole NFA tax stamp... but no... lets not be sensible and pretend we are doing something to prevent gun violence...

User Tag List