Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In this issue I continue my jihad against

In this issue I continue my jihad against

cops driving like retards.

For peeps with FB;
    https://www.facebook.com/agiletactic...47897652011248

"Even non cops can learn something from the LEOKA summaries. Claude Werner often highlights some of these lessons learned when he does an after-action analysis of specific incidents.
    Once again this year we see that traffic fatalities are the leading cause of line-of-duty deaths. In the non LE world you are far more likely to get whacked in a wreck than in a gunfight, but I know very few shooters who take the time to go to a driving school of any kind.
    For many years the leading cause of LE deaths has been single car wrecks. Simply put, cops get in a hurry and over drive the car, and drive too damn fast.
    You do no one any good if you never get there because you are wrapped around a tree along the way.
    Slow down....
    Wear your seat belt....
    The siren is not a magic force field..........
    Wear your vest, it helps protect from both gunfire and the steering wheel going through your chest.
    Also, a significant portion of the on-duty deaths happened due to the officer just plain dropping over dead from things like a heart attack during/after a fight or foot chase.
    Eat less, get in shape, lift, do some cardio..............
    From the article;
    "The 124 officer fatalities recorded in 2015 represent a four percent increase from the 119 officers who died in the line of duty in 2014. Of the officers who died, 52 were killed in traffic-related incidents, 42 were killed by gunfire and 30 died as a result of other causes."

http://www.officer.com/news/12153470...n=CPS151224004
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

That's good advice for anyone. Driving a car is the most dangerous activity most of us (especially COPS) engage in and it's one of the few risks that we have the ability to manage.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Micro aggressions! Micro aggressions!
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Does this cover cops doing 70 in a 55 and not responding to a call?
    #RESIST

I may have been prompted to get on this again by the coincidence that the report just came out, and I was on a ride-along recently where the officer driving thought it a good idea to get his Charger up to 131mph, in the dark, on a road with intermittent wet patches, to a simple alarm call........
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Does this cover cops doing 70 in a 55 and not responding to a call?
    Yes
    www.agiletactical.com

For anyone on the fence...if you enjoy firearms training schools, you will LOVE driver training. I've been to BSR too many times to count and am instructor rated there, as well as having been to most of the other tactical driving schools in the country. Saved my life a few times as a young cop, when my decision making wasn't as "refined" as it is now. Since then it has continued to pay dividends, even when I've made better choices.

Site Supporter
    I used to remind my guys they were basically driving fleet vehicles maintained by the same guys who wrench on garbage trucks using low bid parts. Finely tuned performance machines they are not. We even found one where the mechanics had somehow managed to fit a Chevy wheel/tire onto a Crown Vic. Not what I want to bank my life on going 20 MPH too fast into a corner for the sake of getting somewhere a few seconds quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    For anyone on the fence...if you enjoy firearms training schools, you will LOVE driver training. I've been to BSR too many times to count and am instructor rated there, as well as having been to most of the other tactical driving schools in the country. Saved my life a few times as a young cop, when my decision making wasn't as "refined" as it is now. Since then it has continued to pay dividends, even when I've made better choices.
    Driver training is worse than firearms when it comes to good, on going, recent, and relevant training in law enforcement. Most places get whatever was done in the academy....and that is it. I was lucky in that I was driving a race car as a teen. I was way more into cars than guns. I was also driving big, straight axel hard to drive high horsepower vehicles....a lot like police cars. Then got into off road vehicles I actually drove off road a lot. During my cop career I went to exactly one driving class...back at the academy that was "good", but typically average instructors at a great facility. Like many of the mandated firearms courses, I could out drive the instructors. I would have loved some serious advanced driving stuff.

Today's cops....terrible. Driving cars not like the kind of vehicles that they are used to. We don't hire kids like I was as far as interests. I am sure there are not many police rookies who had two vehicles when they were in college...a barely street legal drag car later converted to a Bonzai runner and a mountain bike. Most of the trainees I got had "using my mom's mini van on weekends" as a driving background. Rookies wrecking cars was normal when I left. When I started, you could literally do anything you wanted.....except wreck a car. They were very hard on wrecking cars, unless you were in some horrendous incident. This is what kept dumb kids from driving over a hundred to alarm calls. My racing background also had me ALWAYS wearing a seat belt. Most guys I worked with did not....for "officer safety". Drove me nuts at the stupidity of that.
    As Chuck pointed out, this is a major issue that needs attention. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with racist cops needing cultural sensitivity as a guardian, so it will not get addressed.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 01-04-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    If we start telling stupid cop driving stories, guns will all of a sudden become very safe items. Suffice it to say, we do a very poor job in this nation of teaching driving to anybody, let alone the police, and those of us who've done the job know how sad the firearms training usually is.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List