Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New HiTS/Watson "Gamboa"

New HiTS/Watson "Gamboa"

Happy New Year from HiTS. We have a great project with Joe Watson coming together for 2016. It is the latest Watson/HiTS collaboration blade. Joe made Wayne and I a couple special versions with thin blue line liners and F22 Carbon fiber for Christmas using the new blade design.
    The latest HiTS knife will be the "Gamboa". The name reflects the design. Gamboa is a town in Panama in the former U.S. Canal Zone. My mother was raised there by her Aunt and Uncle. Her Uncle was a Canal Zone Police Officer who was stationed at the Penitentiary. Along with the prison, the Dredging Division for the Canal is there with all the unique ships used to keep the canal open. There is one road in....it is where the road ends and the wildest of wild rainforest begins. The end of civilization. It is where the Chagres River flows into the canal under a single vehicle wide railway bridge. It is from that bridge that my mom wanted her remains poured into the river (which we did in January 2002). This knife was designed for the end of the road adventures. Something with more utility use than the original HiTS, but with enough of the features of the original HiTS to serve in a protective mode in those out of the way places. Sometimes the end of the road is the rainforest, a place where only bush planes go, or a dark alley on the side of town where civilized people avoid. It is the right size to carry anywhere. It will cut food, make food, or keep you from being food. As usual, Joe Watson hit this one out of the park in turning an idea into a useful tool. Stay Tuned-
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Can't wait for mine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

More pictures.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

And the Thin blue line liners...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can't wait for mine.
    GJM was part of the reason for this project. To make a knife better suited to someone with GJM's lifestyle as he is that bush plane and kills his own food kind of guy. There is a mild difference on the blade on GJM's to better suit his needs. We have big hopes for this blade for the future. Here is GJM's that is part of the first batch of beta testing blades.

I'm in. Do we buy them from Joe, from Blue Line Gear, or from HiTS?

Please let us know the MSRP, when you have a chance. I had a fellow knife junkie ask me about this blade over dinner tonight.

That's a cool name and history lesson as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm in. Do we buy them from Joe, from Blue Line Gear, or from HiTS?

Please let us know the MSRP, when you have a chance. I had a fellow knife junkie ask me about this blade over dinner tonight.

That's a cool name and history lesson as well.
    We are figuring out availability. Should be from the regular dealers, and with our students able to go to the front of the line with Joe or us. Still working this out along with other plans for this blade.

Excellent, thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    We are figuring out availability. Should be from the regular dealers, and with our students able to go to the front of the line with Joe or us. Still working this out along with other plans for this blade.
    Will you be posting updates in this thread or beginning a new one when you know more?

That's a good looking knife.

User Tag List