Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Must be Some Kind of CNN Prank! Right?

This Must be Some Kind of CNN Prank! Right?

If not, can someone explain this to me??

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/us/una...tion-officers/

Sign me: Stupefied in Louisiana
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Nauseated, but not surprised.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    If not, can someone explain this to me??

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/us/una...tion-officers/

Sign me: Stupefied in Louisiana

Please, this just can't be true. "IF EVACUATION IS NOT POSSIBLE, HIDE?" Where do I sign up for THIS kamikaze squad? Where is the outrage over this?

Guns are bad, especially in Chicago, and especially for the police.

I wonder if this is part of the "Guardian" mindset? Only Warriors need guns.

This reminds me of about 15 years ago when Arizona had to draft a law requiring sworn police officers to carry guns on duty after Mesa Community College voted to prohibit its sworn officers from carrying weapons on duty. One of the board of regents members who had previously voted to prohibit officers from carrying guns was quoted as saying "It's just one more gun in an already dangerous world."

The English language hasn't created words for this level of stupidity...

Kinda makes you wonder who would sign up for that job...

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Bigger question is why this even a job. Sounds like an overlap of TSA and Chicago PD without much need. The airport in my old place used to have public safety officers that were firemen some days and cops other days. They at least got to carry guns on cop days, even though they were mainly firemen and had a very fire service oriented mindset, and our PD had to do anything really criminal related for them. They were much better off when it was decided this was dumb and they ended up with dedicated police and dedicated firefighters.

Sounds to me like an agency that does not need to exist.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Bigger question is why this even a job. Sounds like an overlap of TSA and Chicago PD without much need. The airport in my old place used to have public safety officers that were firemen some days and cops other days. They at least got to carry guns on cop days, even though they were mainly firemen and had a very fire service oriented mindset, and our PD had to do anything really criminal related for them. They were much better off when it was decided this was dumb and they ended up with dedicated police and dedicated firefighters.

Sounds to me like an agency that does not need to exist.
    Scuttlebutt holds that the core reason was dodging CPD hiring. By creating unarmed "aviation officers", Chicago city bosses avoided adding officers to the CPD roster and thus dodged the associated contractually mandated pay ,benefits, etc.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Exactly....how do you find 279 people who will submit to CPD academy training, be sworn as a LEO, and then walk around wearing a star and the word "Police" on your back in a potentially dangerous environment such as a major municipal airport? It is really, really difficult for me to grasp.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

User Tag List