Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: How can you not have a pocket carry option?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    When pocket carrying, do you ever find that you pistol is pointed at other people? I mean while holstered and while sitting.....

If that questions even makes sense.
    Sure, but that is why guns unable to fire without pulling the trigger have to be combined with holsters that cover the trigger guard, in order to carry them safely and efficiently in condition one. No different from a belt holstered gun when bending over (making the muzzle horizontal instead of down) or a line of prone rifle shooters wearing holstered handguns, with instructors or whomever behind them.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    I tend to over think. It's a blessing and a curse.

Better than under thinking!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Better than under thinking!
    Maybe not: Gut Feelings: The Intelligence of the Unconscious Reprint, Gerd Gigerenzer - AmazonSmile

AmazonSmile: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking eBook: Malcolm Gladwell: Kindle Store
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Believe it or not my wannabe geek brain has thought a lot about this. The answer is not an either or. It's both. Acting like a 4 year old who keeps saying, "But why" until there is no more why is actually a good thing. The worst that will happen is you wasted a little time on a thought experiment. The worst that can happen if you don't take the time is that you believed something that was not true or you took something that was true and put it into the wrong context and the end result was up to but not limited to being dead.

As to Newbie's sentiment, I understand that asking why so much can make people want to punch their eyes out with the nearest number 2 pencil. (Do you twenty somethings even know what a #2 is?) But never-the-less not doing it has a certain amount of gambling. Where the long but sometimes annoying road leads to proper context more times than not for those willing to listen to the answers.

For me it's the only way to answer the questions without being a respecter of person. The reason I am not a respecter or person is that #1, I've been full of shit plenty of times in my life. And thank god somebody took the time to mention that to me that I was in fact full of it. #2, I have found that some of the best police officers, special forces, instructors, etc are sometimes just plain full of shit. We are human and sometimes/often times it happens.

Wow, deep thoughts from Jack Handy. LOL. Well it is my weekend. Time for a decent glass of wine. Cheers boys and girls.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    When pocket carrying, do you ever find that you pistol is pointed at other people? I mean while holstered and while sitting.....
    No, it's usually pointed at my own femoral artery, which is why I won't pocket carry a single-action firearm.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I typically have a J frame in my pants pocket along with my primary pistol.
    your pockets must be cavernous
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

What do you mean one thickness of leather?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    This, from RKBA Holsters. The little "ears", tabs, whatever on the upper corners keep the holster in your pocket. I've been using them for 6+ years now. He makes one to my specs with only one thickness of leather, that makes for a perfect pocket holster in my estimation. He wouldn't warranty that, citing he was concerned it wouldn't hold up. But I've still got the original he made like that, sweat-stained and worn smooth, that is still serviceable.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...0&mode=overlay

If I can remember, I'll post a pic or two of mine with some further comments when I get home.

For my size, build, and most of my pants, pocket carry usually creates an obvious bulge. I don't wear jackets often.
    Last edited by Edster; 08-27-2016 at 10:45 PM.

The particular brands that you wear and specifically which models would be much more helpful. Mountain Khakis Deluth and Wrangler Riggs have been mentioned in a thread specifically for pocket carry. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post301674

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachained View Post
    Cargo Shorts in the summer and "work khaki's" in the winter. Fits fine with enough room to get a full grip on the gun before pulling it out of pocket. Doesn't work with dress khakis or jeans. I have a smaller gun I carry when I have to wear one of those which is almost never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List