Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: How can you not have a pocket carry option?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I pose this with no sarcasm:

What is one to do with the pocketed pistol? I gather the utility if one is outside in actual winter weather (if your broadcast meteorologist freaks out at snowfall above 2", you don't live there) , but you eventually have to de-coat. In some places -like the girlfriends family homestead- you'll be socially obligated to hang your coat somewhere less then accessible,such as a closet. And most closets have doors.

Then you must either run to the closet Should Trouble Arise, or carry a second pistol carried under the coat. Then there's the troubling issue of an unsecured weapon left in a pocket out of my control. In most areas it won't be socially acceptable to pull a firearm out of a jacket pocket and relocate it to an on-person setup, only to reverse the process before going outside.
    You only carry one gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    LSP972,

What are those grips on your J-Frame?
    Top right photo.

http://ahrendsgripsusa.com/revolver.htm

Last edited by LSP972; 02-04-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You only carry one gun?
    LIKE,LIKE,LIKE
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

I only carry one gun in each pocket.

Mr Pipes was a good teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I only carry one gun in each pocket.

Mr Pipes was a good teacher.
    Thank you my friend....CYA
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

If it weren't for pocket carry I don't known if I would have kept carrying after I first got my CCDW. It's just a hassle to thread a holster on my belt and back off everyday when I left for work.
    I was also really worried about printing back then and I had a gen3 g26 with a CT Laserguard and in the pocket holster I had it looked more like a small book or something in my pocket. After a while I preferred it also because you could just have your hand in your pocket when in an uneasy situation and no one is none the wiser.
    I never liked carrying 3,4 or 5 o' clock because of the possibility of standing in line somewhere and people seeing the print or worse someone grabbing for it and appendix carry is uncomfortable for me when sitting.
    It works for me.I've carried my early Gen4 26 for Five years in my pocket everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday was the first time I second-guessed my now approximately 60-day experiment with pocket carry.

I was on a site visit with a client, and most of the time we were in what I'd consider to be pretty safe areas at the edge of town. Most of my day was client meetings, most of them in office settings, so I'd consciously made a J-frame decision that morning after momentarily considering bringing something bigger.

After I thought we were done, the client came up with "just one more thing" to look at, and we drove around the back side of the project and up the mountain a ways on a gravel road. We didn't go beyond a locked gate, and that's when the client told me the land on the other side was being acquired through eminent domain for the project, and that relations with the owner were "tense" and that there had been "several confrontations" lately.

I took it seriously because my client was visibly nervous, and I knew he was carrying something bigger than I was, and I know he's an ex-fighter pilot with combat experience, and ex-JSOC. I've never seen him nervous before. Suddenly I was kind of wishing I'd grabbed the P2000 and an OWB instead. Then I remembered that it was pouring rain and only crazy people like us would be out walking around on the side of a mountain.... still, in scrub conifer woodland, even in the rain I could see anywhere from 100 yds to half a mile depending on direction. The kind of place where ranges could be a little long for a snubby.

Most of the time though, on office days, I'm still comfortable with pocket carry. Weather isn't much of a factor here, it's light jacket weather almost all year, at least when outdoors. My current situation is usually low risk when in town, and if I need to go out the back office door after dark my hand is in my pocket til I get a good look around. And I'm never tempted not to carry. I'm actually more likely to carry a pistol OWB outside of winter, when I spend less time in the office and more on site visits in less predictable situations.
    Last edited by Salamander; 02-04-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachained View Post
    If it weren't for pocket carry I don't known if I would have kept carrying after I first got my CCDW. It's just a hassle to thread a holster on my belt and back off everyday when I left for work.
    I was also really worried about printing back then and I had a gen3 g26 with a CT Laserguard and in the pocket holster I had it looked more like a small book or something in my pocket. After a while I preferred it also because you could just have your hand in your pocket when in an uneasy situation and no one is none the wiser.
    I never liked carrying 3,4 or 5 o' clock because of the possibility of standing in line somewhere and people seeing the print or worse someone grabbing for it and appendix carry is uncomfortable for me when sitting.
    It works for me.I've carried my early Gen4 26 for Five years in my pocket everyday.

What kind of pants do you use to hide a G26? Did you have to modify the pocket any?

Cargo Shorts in the summer and "work khaki's" in the winter. Fits fine with enough room to get a full grip on the gun before pulling it out of pocket. Doesn't work with dress khakis or jeans. I have a smaller gun I carry when I have to wear one of those which is almost never.

I can't pull off a G26, but I've been carrying my G43 in dress pants for a while. It works well. It's heavier than my J Frame, but flatter and not too heavy.

User Tag List