Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: How can you not have a pocket carry option?

I had the misfortune of having to spend most of the week at wakes/funerals. Even though a huge chunk of my family are in/or retired LE, firearms in/around "safe" locations and church are definitely frowned upon. As much as I hated leaving the G19 behind, the G26 on my ankle was a comfort, and my G43 in my right front suit pocket was easily accessible at all times.

Again, for me, pocket carry is a VERY limited exercise, but when you need it, you need it, and most "real" pistols can't be pressed into that role.

With my J Frame, pocket carry just flat doesn't work in either my work uniform or the Carhartt's I wear off duty. I wanted it to work so badly, but it either prints too much in the work pants, or the grip (CT LG-105) shows from the top of the Carhartt's front pockets.

Nice cold snap here so I decided to get on board. My default jacket is an Atom LT and I wouldn't expect the thin soft build of it to conceal in the pocket but the flat G42 in the DeSantis Nemesis is carried very stable and upright in the pocket and concealed very well.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I had the misfortune of having to spend most of the week at wakes/funerals. Even though a huge chunk of my family are in/or retired LE, firearms in/around "safe" locations and church are definitely frowned upon. As much as I hated leaving the G19 behind, the G26 on my ankle was a comfort, and my G43 in my right front suit pocket was easily accessible at all times.

Again, for me, pocket carry is a VERY limited exercise, but when you need it, you need it, and most "real" pistols can't be pressed into that role.
    I was in the a similar situation last week. I pocket carried my Beretta Pico (.380) it's very flat and carries well in dress pants.

Nice holster. Who makes it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
    What kind of pants do you use to hide a G26? Did you have to modify the pocket any?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Appalachained,

Is that a Detroit Holster John R? I've been eyeballing one for a bit and they have them on sale. Brian B: If you check out the vault at Detroit Holster I believe they have some that are discounted/available now.

http://www.detroitholster.com/store/...r/#prettyPhoto

Quote Originally Posted by CakeEater View Post
    ...Is that a Detroit Holster John R?...
    The owner of that company has been a friend of mine for 20+ years. He is a good guy, if you have any customer service issues let me know and I'll smack him upside the head for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Buy the .327 Fed Mag, either Ruger or Smith, and load it with some heavy-for-caliber .32 H&R Magnum stuff. (In other words, for best results avoid Federal's 85gr JHP load and the anemic Critical Defense stuff from Hornady.)
    A bit late to the discussion, but I have a Mihec brass mould for 32 that drops beautiful 115gr HP slugs (swapping to the non-HP pins gives me something along the lines of 120gr). That would be nice in the 32HRMag or the 327Fed.

Chris

Site Supporter
    When pocket carrying, do you ever find that you pistol is pointed at other people? I mean while holstered and while sitting.....

If that questions even makes sense.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    When pocket carrying, do you ever find that you pistol is pointed at other people? I mean while holstered and while sitting.....

If that questions even makes sense.
    Yes and Yes.

User Tag List