Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Militia occupies Federal Building in OR

Not sure if this news applies to the Oregon standoff or not.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/08...dismissed.html

A federal judge dismissed all charges against rancher Cliven Bundy and three others.

U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro cited "flagrant prosecutorial misconduct" in her decision to dismiss all charges against rancher Cliven Bundy, two of his sons and another person.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Not sure if this news applies to the Oregon standoff or not.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/08...dismissed.html
    If they violated "Brady" that's egregious conduct by the gov't. No real surprise there, and judges have long memories going forward.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If they violated "Brady" that's egregious conduct by the gov't. No real surprise there, and judges have long memories going forward.
    The fact that this judge is an Obama appointee should tell you something about this case.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The fact that this judge is an Obama appointee should tell you something about this case.
    So it would seem...but I won't jump to any conclusions. I've been around judges enough to know that you can't necessarily assume anything regarding how they'll rule on a particular matter.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

On Monday, the judge said her decision was partly based on "flagrant prosecutorial misconduct", the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

She said the prosecution had withheld evidence that could have been favourable to the defence team.

This included records about federal surveillance at the Bundy ranch, the presence of government snipers and previous law enforcement assessments that the Bundys posed no threat.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    There are gov't employees that think their job is "impeded" by civilians owning firearms.
    Good for them, has nothing to do with this case.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Witholding Brady or Giglio materials is not something anyone who came from a decent home with good parents should ever do. That’s awful. It’s not how you’re supposed to act as an officer of the court, and really really wanting to win isn’t an excuse.

That's a bit disappointing, but it was right.

I wish nothing good to the Bundy family and hopefully they will fade into obscurity.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I just wish that folks (not necessarily on this forum) would quit treating the Bundy's like folk heroes. They most certainly are not. Just small time outlaws who didn't pay their bills and refused to honor grazing agreements they willingly signed with the Fed.

But, maybe all the 3%'s and "molon labe " lickers who showed up to support them and just added fuel to the fire
    just needed someone, anyone, to hook their wagon to.

In the end, I find I have more sympathy for the Bundy's cattle, than I do for the Bundy's themselves.

"Molon labe lickers", I like that.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List