Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Militia occupies Federal Building in OR

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Neither are any of the crackpots who wrote the linked articles.
    Yes, you're right. But, investigative reporters have a job & that doesn't usually involve only investigating other reporters, does it ?
    The Rappoport and NYT articles are well written, the Intellihub article is a bit over the top.

That said, when an ad hominem attack is employed - 'crack pot', 'tin foil hat', 'conspiracy theorists', etc it serves to shut down further inquiry. And that can get in the way of finding out the truth, especially if that may run counter to held opinions . It often doesn't even require a 'Grand Conspiracy' to explain things. Many times, there's a dollar sign involved.

Maybe the whole story is that a group of 'nutty', or at least foolishly misguided, people occupied a building out in the middle of nowhere and were arrested, with one of them killed. - And just maybe there's more to the story. IMO there's not enough evidence to say at this point.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 01-29-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Well the accounts that he had his hands up weren't wrong. Except they didn't mention that he reached into his jacket.
    I do feel sorry for his family and those who loved him, but he made the choices that lead to his death.

It's interesting that neither of the eyewitness accounts broadcast yesterday("he was on his knees with his hands up" and "he charged them") is fully supported by the video, but you can see where both came from. Good lesson in the reliability of eyewitness testimony.

I was surprised to see the officer come out of the treeline well back from the road. I assume that's SOP for a roadblock in case someone tries to run away?

Did it look like the LE guy that shot him, did it with the pistol in just one hand?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did it look like the LE guy that shot him, did it with the pistol in just one hand?
    I thought that a long gun. I surmise he was in an overwatch position and then moved out to effect apprehension when the subjects hands were up. Then the subject goes for the draw (I'm hearing coat pocketed gun; there are pics of him on line sporting a shoulder holster with gun under left armpit)
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

"keep your hands up"

"ok"

*reaches for pistol*

"put your hands up!"

"ok!"

*guy from left of screen emerges from the woods*

"the fuck I...ohhh shhheeeeiiittt"

*reaches for pistol*

*pew pew pew*

Good shoot, next time though, stay away from the CARS YOU ARE USING AS A BARRICADE AGAINST A BIG ASS TRUCK.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Where did those guys think they were going to run ? They were out in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't like they were going to get lost in the crowd or something.

If they had a legitimate cause, they only hurt it by their rash actions.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Where did those guys think they were going to run ? They were out in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't like they were going to get lost in the crowd or something.

If they had a legitimate cause, they only hurt it by their rash actions.
    Yeah LaVoy got to "sing his death song" that's about it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

This is like watching the white trash version of black lives matter.

The retard runs from the FBI, stops, runs again, crashes, puts his hands up and tries to draw a pistol in an incredibly obvious way twice at officers. He was pretty much begging for that dirt (snow?) nap.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I see the conspiracy theorists are saying he was shot by the officer with the carbine while his hands were raised, and was then just reaching for his wound.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    next time though, stay away from the CARS YOU ARE USING AS A BARRICADE AGAINST A BIG ASS TRUCK.
    Now that you mention it, that doesn't really seem smart but that's how every TV show or movie portrays roadblocks. What is the recommended operating procedure? Standing off the side of the road far away from the roadblock?

User Tag List