Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you want a Canik you probably need to buy it now.

If you want a Canik you probably need to buy it now.

Saw a response in the comments on another site asking if he thought President Mom Jeans was still in office? Erdogan is getting a new nickname at least and coming to the full attention of Secretary Mattis at worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I'm still honestly shocked that we didn't stack bodies during that attempted coup, given the way our bases got surrounded.

That theory has been tested throughout the years and it always seems to favor the giant rich country with the gigantic military.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

These jackasses are members of NATO....

headslap
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Turkey's politics is one of the big reasons why I no longer buy Turkish guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    Turkey's politics is one of the big reasons why I no longer buy Turkish guns.
    This should come as no surprise. Any time there's a religious zealot at the head of government, it'll be loaded up with other religious zealots in all areas and then it relatively quickly goes to hell in a handbasket.

The US purportedly did/does support a faction the Kurds (bag o' factions over there) in the battle against ISIS, and of course, every Kurd is anathema to the Turkish government (don't know about the people) and vice versa I think. Certainly that pisses off Erdogan. I'm sure he sees that as a NATO member betraying a NATO member by supporting the "enemy." Of course, we can say the same about Turkey buying oil from ISIS and funnelling money to them. The players change but it's always the same old shit.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Turkey is not an ally anywhere but on paper.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

The Turkish ammunition that I've shot in 9x19 has been utter rubbish.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    This should come as no surprise. Any time there's a religious zealot at the head of government, it'll be loaded up with other religious zealots in all areas and then it relatively quickly goes to hell in a handbasket.

The US purportedly did/does support a faction the Kurds (bag o' factions over there) in the battle against ISIS, and of course, every Kurd is anathema to the Turkish government (don't know about the people) and vice versa I think. Certainly that pisses off Erdogan. I'm sure he sees that as a NATO member betraying a NATO member by supporting the "enemy." Of course, we can say the same about Turkey buying oil from ISIS and funnelling money to them. The players change but it's always the same old shit.
    My wife has an aunt and uncle in Germany who made numerous trips to Istanbul and had a guide friend who was like family to them. He told them to quit coming because it is no longer safe for westerners.
    Kurds must be the Palestinians of the Arab world; a people without a country. Lots of Kurdish refugees brought over here from Iraq. Saddam Hussein was gassing Kurdish villages in the north of Iraq at one time as well. Don't know much about politics in that region as it doesn't seem worth knowing.
    Last edited by DallasBronco; 02-02-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Turkey is not an ally anywhere but on paper.
    Damn straight. It would be hard to find a less helpful ally.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List