Thread: Full auto HK51 with plastic German training ammo

Full auto HK51 with plastic German training ammo

#RESIST

I bought a case of the training ammo to shoot out of Spanish FR-8 bolt rifle for fun/plinking. No recoil, pretty accurate out to 50m. Really cheap.

That video did nothing to cure my wantsies for an HK91, although it was very, very cool.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I wonder if this stuff would cause excessive fouling of the rifling, or cause premature erosion of the rifling.....

The projectile is soft plastic. I doubt it hurts the barrel or rifling. It left some strands of blue plastic in my barrel that was easily cleaned.

I've never come across this stuff before- what is the designed usage? I tend to think of simmunitions when talking plastic projectiles, but at 3000+fps I cannot imagine it is safe/meant for that style usage. Is it drastically cheaper than common fmj practice ammo? If so, is it close enough ballistically to provide training value?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    I remember this type of ammo being mentioned when I took the simunitions instructor class. It was descibed as German training ammo, for use in indoor ranges. It was mentioned because it's blue color and training description led people to think it was a sim round. It's not and should be considered lethal

1000 rounds $119

drjaydvm,

Would you have information as to where you purchased this? I have only able to find it at twice this price.

Thank you.

User Tag List