Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW Breakaway Pants

CCW Breakaway Pants

These look interesting for certain occasions:

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/index.html

Opinions?

A Gecko45 must have!

Very specific need sort of thing. Gimme a good holster instead.
    #RESIST

I might buy a pair as my next pair of khaki's to try out. Even if the holster idea doesn't work well, I still get a pair of khakis...albeit expensive ones.

Site Supporter
    I thought we discussed these in the past, but can't find the thread.

Site Supporter
    Did anybody else read the thread title and envision someone wearing tear-away warm-up pants and a smartcarry? I mean, can't you see the advertising campaign: "Immediate and violent pants removal as Count 1 of draw-stroke is guaranteed to reset bad guy's OODA loop."
    Last edited by joshs; 10-04-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Looks like these will sell briskly to the type of folks who fail to select a proper holster / method of carry.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Looks like these will sell briskly to the type of folks who fail to select a proper holster / method of carry.
    I'm thinking of these as more situation specific. A proper holster/method of carry will work for most situations, but not all. I'd rather have more available options than not. I'm certainly not thinking these would be an every day wear type of thing, but a pair might be useful to have for specific sets of circumstances. If I could fit my G19 in my pocket as opposed to a snub nose, which one do you think I'm going to pick?

I personally wouldn't put either in my pocket if I wanted to be able to use it. It is hard enough to execute a draw stroke from a holster while getting punched in the face or donkey stomped while on the ground. I think I am missing even the rare scenario where this idea is superior to other options. But I am open to enlightenment.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I wear khakis and a tucked in polo or dress shirt everyday (for work). And carry a G34 AIWB in a CCC shaggy with no problems so I can't imagine
    1. Paying $85.00 for a pair of casual pants
    2. Being able to consistently and quickly being able to obtain a full firing grip and present the gun out of those things

I'm also a big believer in carrying your gun in the same place all the time, so 3-4 pairs of pants per year at $85 a pop (maybe I wear my pants out quicker than others) could easily get you a custom holster and belt built to your specs if you can't find something on the open market.

I think these things probably sell well to those who think that the little bulge at your waist is letting the whole world know that they're carrying, it's not - the world is too busy looking at their phones to pay any attention to you, much less your waist band.

I also have a feeling that despite how neat the pocket is - if you have a G19 in your pocket it's just as bulgy and awkward as having, well - a G19 in a pocket.

User Tag List