Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Derp of the year ? Trigger Touch Activation ?

Site Supporter

First Derp of the year ? Trigger Touch Activation ?

Am. I missing something ? Like the SERPA this is what happens when engineers with no knowledge of firearms or their use design products. A rifle is not a Camera.

http://triggerpointtechnology.com/tr...ch-activation/

Attachment 5228

Attachment 5229

Trigger Touch Activation of accessories is made possible by enhancing the trigger with our “Touch Detection Tab”. This works basically the same way you activate autofocus on a camera. By touching a camera’s shutter, your camera begins to focus. When you are ready to take a picture, you push the shutter button down the rest of the way. Trigger Touch Activation of accessories works the same way. You gently depress the Touch Detection Tab that is machined into the middle of the trigger. Its motion is captured and activates onboard accessories. When and if you are ready or need to discharge your weapon, you pull the trigger as you would normally to discharge your weapon.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Hey, that's a great idea! Make someone have to violate one of the most fundamental firearms safety rules in order to determine if something's a threat or not.

What makes this doubly amusing is that this has obviously been in development for some time, yet CTC's patents on grip activation expired a couple years ago.

sadtrombone.wav
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

This thing has wrongful death lawsuit written all over it.

Okie John

WTF?
    That's all I got.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Wow. That's an impressive level of stupid. What will they think of next? A light that activates only when you flip the safety to the "fire" position?
    Last edited by olstyn; 01-01-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Their "About Us" section is inspiring.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Their "About Us" section is inspiring.
    I had to go back and look at it because of you. I'm dumber now, and it's your fault. :P

This, in particular, was priceless: "We at Trigger Point Technology* are committed to providing a safe,"

Let me just stop you right there...

Well, they have an attorney listed in their "About Us" section which seems like a smart idea for them. When your setup is "light-BOOM-OhFuckIShotMyKid" you're going to need lawyers. Lots of lawyers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    "light-BOOM-OhFuckIShotMyKid"
    This thread is going to be full of comedy gold, I can tell already. That one's right up there with JodyH's "Surprise cockfags!"

This looks like a train worth boarding. I'm gonna develop an outward facing thumb tack that fits over this trigger device and market it as a "Trigger Point Safety." Send before midnight tonight.
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters."

Frank Lloyd Wright

User Tag List