Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Open Carry versus Obvious Concealment

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    This, except when I carry concealed in the woods due to the chance of running into left-wing idiot hikers/snowshoers. It's just a bad PR move.

Okie John
    Oh trust me, living in western WA there's no shortage of the Subaru, rescue dog, wool socks with sandals, Coexist, Feel the Bern 2016, North Face bark eaters to run across in the woods. I really couldn't care less whether they approve or not of my sidearm.

Fanny pick fashionistas

I spend a lot of time in areas with high proportions of hipster/fashionista types. Over the last year I've seen more and more of them rocking the neon 90's fanny packs, usually with a set of oversize glasses and highwaisted jeans.

http://thefashiontag.com/2015/09/15/...-pack-is-back/
    Last edited by AlwaysLearning; 01-02-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    Talked to a Marine today about OC. He said that he was a Marine and didn't want to be the shoot me first guy. Preferred surprise.

I've been having discussions with my buddies about how OC is not the greatest option for carrying a gun around town. They can't seem to get their head around the benefits of concealed carry especially after reading this...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...-argument.html

I pretty much gave up and told them to chive on if that's what they want to do.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Yup... rock on with your OC self. Maybe I'll ambush the guy who ambushed you.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I've been having discussions with my buddies about how OC is not the greatest option for carrying a gun around town. They can't seem to get their head around the benefits of concealed carry especially after reading this...

WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post

It's interesting how some of that guy's premise is demonstrably false. If these are the sort of folks that facts are persuasive to, you might show them this; it happened a little over a year ago:

http://bearingarms.com/ill-taking-op...ries-gunpoint/

Sure, that guy made a lot of poor choices, but the point is that OC did in fact make him a target.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    You can also show them this, although they'll probably shrug it off because it's not how things work in 'Merica.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Fanny pack story: I used to own my own police equipment store. One day a guy who was on our shooting team and stellar dude comes in to buy a big black fanny pack. He had just come out of a deep undercover assignment where he spent years living as a bearded long haired dirt bag amongst meth people. He Mexican carried his department issue SIG that he purposely screwed up the finish on and had the grip wrapped in rubber bands. After coming out of dope he went back to clean cut all American clean shaved guy. White t-Shirt and jeans off duty cop look. I was puzzled on the fanny pack as we all "knew" they were target identifiers and should never use one. My buddy said when he worked undercover he found out that the big black fanny pack was a indicator to crooks that it was an off duty cop, he was carry a duty sized gun, and they were heavily avoided.
    I decided to try it. I found nobody bummed changed from me. Dirtbags would no longer approach me for anything. I was left alone and avoided by people I did not want around me. I was sold.
    I just went back to the fanny pack because of my truck seats. I carry a VP9, spare mag, soft cuffs, a spare sure fire light, a TQ and CPR Mask, my LE creds, and a large multi tool.......not bad for something I always have on, even running the kid to school in the AM with BB shorts on. So......works for me, and most folks have no clue about it. I am getting all the supposed "benefits" the OC folks espouse without scaring soccer mom's and kids.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    ^^^ Fanny Pack Club Member #002

My bad back gives Uncle Mike's two thumbs up.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List