Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LaRue MBT-2S AR triggers on sale, $87

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yeah, price very much matters to me and I'm the guy who has never considered a "fancy" trigger before and loves his ALG QMS with heavy spring on his 5.45 AR

I found out what the danged mixer is really for - margaritas. Pretty cool.
    I had an ALG QMS. Bought several for friends. It was honestly worse than the no-name mil-spec LPK trigger from Ranier Arms that it replaced. Kid you not. The one from Talon Arms (also no-name) that it replaced, it was a SLIGHT improvement over.

I dabbled with the Geissele Super V, but prefer the SSA and have gone to them moving forward.

I would try the ALG ACT, if I were you, and still trying to do things on the cheap. The one I felt WAS a marked improvement over mil-spec. The QMS's kindof left me a bit sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I had an ALG QMS. Bought several for friends. It was honestly worse than the no-name mil-spec LPK trigger from Ranier Arms that it replaced. Kid you not. The one from Talon Arms (also no-name) that it replaced, it was a SLIGHT improvement over.

I dabbled with the Geissele Super V, but prefer the SSA and have gone to them moving forward.

I would try the ALG ACT, if I were you, and still trying to do things on the cheap. The one I felt WAS a marked improvement over mil-spec. The QMS's kindof left me a bit sad.
    I have whichever one is coated and I like it, have a couple. I'm not picky with triggers hence me never even considering a Geissele. For years, I carried a Glock with an NY1 and a - connector, shot nearly a perfect dot drill at AFHF with that. We shall see if the MBT converts me to fancy triggers

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have whichever one is coated and I like it, have a couple. I'm not picky with triggers hence me never even considering a Geissele. For years, I carried a Glock with an NY1 and a - connector, shot nearly a perfect dot drill at AFHF with that. We shall see if the MBT converts me to fancy triggers
    The act is the coated one.

I only care about a trigger when shooting groups like a Fudd. With a good rifle, off the bench or bipod I'm about a 0.5moa shooter. With my ddm4 and chrome lined barrel, I easily produce 1.5moa 10 shot groups. I find this fun, whether practical or not. A good trigger goes a long ways toward making this easier for me, which means more fun. It doesn't cause me harm when dumping 5 rounds into a vtac target at 7 yards either.

I received mine a couple weeks ago and put it in my wife's AR. Between us we have put 60 rounds through the gun since then without an issue. Ammo is reloaded 55 grain 223 with Magtech small rifle primers.

As a 1911 shooter, she can appreciate the improvements with the new trigger, and both of us commented on how nice the trigger shoe felt.

Is it worth $125 or more? I don't consider this a match grade trigger for a DMR rifle or benchrest type work, my Geissele DMR trigger is far nicer in that regard, but I find this one to be a really well made trigger option for defensive and 3-gun use. Having a trigger made from machined, heat treated steel gives me extra confidence that it will be a reliable trigger for many thousands of rounds to come.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Bumping this old thread because I didn’t want to post a completely new one to say: Larue MBT-2S triggers are $87 until Christmas. https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/

I have one in my patrol rifle and like it a lot but I don’t have too many rounds through it so I can’t testify to it’s durability. I like the pull weight using the heavier trigger spring. I felt that he light one was unreasonably light for a duty gun. It should be noted that the only experience I have with Geissele triggers is dry firing the one in a friend’s AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I have these triggers in 11 Guns. They’re imo the best trigger for the money - and I don’t mean becuase they’re cheap. If they cost more I’d still buy them

I’ve had all the cassette type units and these for some reason feel the best for me.

if anyone does or has shot these back-to-back with the Rise Armament RA-140 SST trigger, I'd like to hear from you. I have several of the latter, and like it a lot, but since these now are in the same pricing range, I could be in the market for a few.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    if anyone does or has shot these back-to-back with the Rise Armament RA-140 SST trigger, I'd like to hear from you. I have several of the latter, and like it a lot, but since these now are in the same pricing range, I could be in the market for a few.
    I have the Rise 140 in one rifle.

The break is lighter than the Larue - but the trigger is slightly forward set with no pretravel - which I don’t prefer.

The lack of anti walk pins needed/advised on the Larue units is a plus imo also
    Last edited by Duke; 07-08-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I have one in my patrol rifle and like it a lot but I don’t have too many rounds through it so I can’t testify to it’s durability. I like the pull weight using the heavier trigger spring. I felt that he light one was unreasonably light for a duty gun. It should be noted that the only experience I have with Geissele triggers is dry firing the one in a friend’s AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Re durability:

Larue dryfiring 145k+ on test rig. Obviously doesn't reflect the bolt cycling impacts on the hammer.

Reminder, these are now $87 until Xmas. Larue IS backlogged on these, but you WILL get your triggers. I ordered two for $87 apiece on July 21st and got shipping notification on Aug 10th.
    #RESIST

User Tag List