Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka bolt action rifles

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Who has them and what do you think of them in terms of accuracy, reliability and durability?

Both the CTR and some of the stainless/synthetic models look interesting, but I have zero experience with them.
    Most of the riflesmiths say that these need very little work to no work (truing, blueprinting, etc) compared to 700s.

KRG offers two chassis for the Tikka
    #RESIST

Attached is the Kinetic Research group study entitled "The case for and against the Tikka" and it's an excellent read.

The Case For and Against the Tikka T3.pdf
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Attached is the Kinetic Research group study entitled "The case for and against the Tikka" and it's an excellent read.

Great read LL, thanks. I've thought about a stainless in .308 as a beater/knock around/ play rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Good info. Thanks. This rifle in .308/260 Rem/6.5CM would be just the ticket, although something about this rifle in 6.5x55 Swede seems correct.

Site Supporter
    I have heard nothing but good things reference the Tikka T3. I would love to have a T3 in 6.5 CM!

Tikkas are brilliant, great barrels and butter smooth action.

I'm no expert but I have done a fair bit of hunting and rifle shooting. I think the tikkas are great rifles. I've owned two t3 lites, both of them easily sub moa and both 1/2 moa with hand loads (3 shot groups). The stocks feel a little wonky but they've never given me any trouble. I think they are a real bargain for a no BS hunting rifle. I think you have to spend quite a bit more money to really gain much.
    Colby

Excellent rifle for the money right out of the box. Sub moa, great action, good trigger. Also a great base for a build... The actions require very little work and there is plenty of aftermarket support.

Tikka's seem to be pretty well made and all seem to shoot well. The only issue I have had with Tikka's is the plastic bolt shroud cracking and breaking, the plastic magazines which are ridiculously expensive, and the fact that the bedding is also a little iffy on some.

I still prefer an more open action on my bolt guns. But then again, the reality of this is that some of the most reliable bolt guns in the world have relatively closed top actions(Accuracy International) so this is probably just me being an old codger.

The punchline is Tikka rifles shoot exceptionally well, have great triggers, and load development on the vast majority of Tikka rifles I have used in the last 15 years has been exceedingly easy.

The oldest kiddo used a T3 in 6mm Remington ( rebarreled with a Lilja tube, and built as my idea of a perfect coyote rifle.) It normally wears a factory laminate stock, but I bought an extra wood stock and cut it down to kid size. The stock now resides on her personal .308 T3.

6mm in laminate stock:

She popped her first deer at a lasered 197 yards. You can see the entry wound directly behind the shoulder.

That cut down wood stock now resides on a .308 T3 the daughter received for her 13th birthday, and used with success on an elk hunt at the beginning of this month. On hers the barrel was shortened to 20"s and a brake was added.

User Tag List