Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tikka bolt action rifles

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Collector's usually has a selection on hand for fingerpoken und mittengrabben. I'm sure they'd order anything you want, but I'm not a fan of their generally full-retail-or-higher pricing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

anyone here have any ejection issues with their Tikkas? I have seen (or heard) from a few of the people on youtube that their Tikkas don't eject all of the time properly. Not sure how accurate that information is or how to take it though? I am trying to find a lighter weight hunting rifle in .308 or 6.5 cm. In pains me to say that from a "features" perspective the Ruger American Predator (or go wild camo) version is a good value. I just am not sure I trust the Ruger product especially with a few of the reviewers having accuracy issues with them.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 01-21-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    anyone here have any ejection issues with their Tikkas? I have seen (or heard) from a few of the people on youtube that their Tikkas don't eject all of the time properly. Not sure how accurate that information is or how to take it though? I am trying to find a lighter weight hunting rifle in .308 or 6.5 cm. In pains me to say that from a "features" perspective the Ruger American Predator (or go wild camo) version is a good value. I just am not sure I trust the Ruger product especially with a few of the reviewers having accuracy issues with them.
    I’d go Tikka all day long.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    If by "people on YouTube" you mean NutNfancy, his issue was the one-piece AR mount he chose to use. It blocked the ejection port.

That said, it's not impossible for Tikka to make a mistake. They, along with companies like Apple and Toyota, just make fewer of them.

My CTR is flawless. I'm so impressed, I won't bother looking anywhere else the next time I need a bolt action. I want a T1X.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    If by "people on YouTube" you mean NutNfancy, his issue was the one-piece AR mount he chose to use. It blocked the ejection port.

That said, it's not impossible for Tikka to make a mistake. They, along with companies like Apple and Toyota, just make fewer of them.

My CTR is flawless. I'm so impressed, I won't bother looking anywhere else the next time I need a bolt action. I want a T1X.
    I believe it was him and a guy named "West Desert Shooter" - I did a quick google search and it seemed there was others as well. But I don't know how pervasive it was across the line.

Thanks for you input - they really look like great shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

My instinct is if NutnFancy says anything, I do the opposite.
    #RESIST

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My instinct is if NutnFancy says anything, I do the opposite.
    Let me post a 78 minute response video real quick.

Edit: To make an actually on-topic post, I was so very impressed with the T3X Hunter in .308 Winchester that I got my dad. I don't own a bolt hunting-style rifle, for all the guns I own, the only bolt is an old 1943 Mosin. When I do get one, it's almost certainly going to be a Tikka. They're just great.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-22-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List