Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Flashlights as of 12/28/15

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Which? The 2AA? Awesome light.
    Yup. It's been great so far - a little long for my tastes but fits very well in jeans pockets regardless. I'll be getting another in the not so distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yup. It's been great so far - a little long for my tastes but fits very well in jeans pockets regardless. I'll be getting another in the not so distant future.
    I thought it was too long as well, but the fact I can just clip it inside the pocket and it sticks out just enough to grab ahold of in a pinch or good. It also doubles as an impact weapon.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I recently picked up a SureFire G2X LE after doing a house search and not liking the low-then-high switching of my P2X Fury. Since picking up the LE it's also displaced my old 6P with Malkoff dropin and an early 200 lumen G2X Pro. For offduty I'm still partial to my E1B Backup.

For duty and around the house a Streamlight Stinger LED HL DS has replaced my old SL-20X with Malkoff dropin. I think it's the perfect blend of a bright hotspot plus plenty of flood for lighting up a yard or pasture, but don't think it provided a full hour runtime even when brand new. I also really like the Strion HL, but with the shorter body you can't tuck it under your arm as easily.

I have a Stinger hl ds for work, best duty flashlight ive had in years. Tons of lumens, rechargeable in the car, lasts for a week or so per charge. Highly recommended.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    All of the lights you guys are talking about are great I have some of them myself - BUT - I was given a J5TACTICAL, which is amazing. You can get it from Amazon for $12.95. It has: 250 lumens, aluminium body, belt clip, 3 modes, a zoom feature and is less than 3-1/2" long. I now have my 500 lumen Coast on my nightstand, my 350 lumen Streamlight in my car - and this great little J5 in my pocket. I still can't believe it's only $12.95!

I'm a Fenix fanboise myself, I have most of their PD series lights.

I also have one of the MicroStreams and it's a great little light. You can boost the output considerably with a 10440 Li-ion battery.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 01-02-2016 at 05:48 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Get out of my head.
    No.

Name:  EB1.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  32.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    No.

Name:  EB1.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  32.9 KB

Okay. I'll see your one , and raise you one NIB.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm getting all nostalgic for my E1e with the KL1 LED conversion head.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Nah, the E1e was for feather merchants- the default setting was the "low beam". The E1B's default setting is the "high beam"… and neither have that retarded strobe bullshit.

User Tag List