Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 IDPA World Championship Magazine

Why would someone lie on a survey? Because they don't wanna look like a bunch of best wearing nerds who take their competition specific equipment outta the gun rugs and play once or twice a month.

People respond how they wish to be, not how they actually live.

Don't believe me? Go start s diet thread asking how everyone eats and how much they work out and then ask for a pic...

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Why would someone lie on a survey? Because they don't wanna look like a bunch of best wearing nerds who take their competition specific equipment outta the gun rugs and play once or twice a month.
    People respond how they wish to be, not how they actually live.
    Don't believe me? Go start s diet thread asking how everyone eats and how much they work out and then ask for a pic...
    It's not that I don't believe you. It's that you don't know one way or another and you speculate and throw doubt around.
    For one thing: At least with the IDPA Championship we have something to go on. I have done those questionaires before and they are anonymous and optional. So, there is no reason to lie, and you have cited no evidence to show that they will. People will lie in higher numbers when they want to hide something, asked embarrassing questions, want to prank the survey, etc. But in the IDPA survey, it was anonymous and they have no reason to lie, so most people will tell the truth. By your analysis 100% of shooters would be saying they have a CCW permit because it would be embarrassing to admit that when involved in a concealed carry sport.

With no data to show people did lie, and no reasons given for them to lie since it was anonymous, and no data to the contrary to dispute those gun statistics, they stand as the best data available, no matter what doubt you cast upon it.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Well we all know you're gonna believe whatever the hell you want anyway... Discussion was worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Well we all know you're gonna believe whatever the hell you want anyway... Discussion was worth a shot.

Actually I came to the table with facts. You have a believe they are lies...but you have failed to show they are.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Anonymous survey results are far from facts.

I'm actually more pissed they got all the winner's names wrong for the WA state match.

Site Supporter
    I appreciate the information provided. I cannot help but note that the majority of the competitors were using striker style weapons and that TDA was underrepresented. Apparently, not enough of those competitors are true connoisseurs of pistols. Hopefully, they will see the light before next year's championship.

Observation of my club(s), off the top of my head...

Members are about evenly split three ways: those that will shoot what they carry, those that shoot one and carry another, those that only wear a gun at the match. Few are regular, dedicated carriers. Occasional, at best.

Of those shooting a full size gun at the match, most seem to carry something else. Interestingly, the full size 1911 guys are more often found with the same gun than than those shooting a G17/34, XD, or M&P. Knowing most of them, all are older, and it's a legacy/emotional/"mans gun" kind of thing. Also interesting, all of the revolver division shooters CCW small to medium autos.

About 1/3 reload ammo for themselves or others. Most shouldn't. The 1911 and revolver guys seem most likely to be reloaders.

Many are at least occasional shooters in the USPSA club(s) as well. If they classified, none but a couple would be better than a low C class.

The high shooters are most commonly using Glocks.

One to three current or former LE is the max.

Talking with friends elsewhere, this seems like a pretty typical experience.

I CCW and gun-game a G34, with the same holsters and pouches.

Whether IDPA is a good gun game or not, I respect all that make the effort to show up, put themselves out there for all to see, and get trigger time. That's a lot more than many others are doing.
    Last edited by ST911; 12-27-2015 at 10:27 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

This survey is, without question, flawed. Where do they show all the HK LEM pistols?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Most popular guns:
    - Glock 34 73
    - S&W M&P Pro 9mm 37
    - Glock 19 20
    - Glock 17 18
    - Springfield Arms XDm 9mm 18
    - S&W M&P 9mm 16
    - CZ SP-01 Shadow 14
    - Glock 41 9
    - S&W 625 6
    - S&W M&P .45ACP 6
    - Others: 194

So all the many brands of 1911 derivatives are lumped into "Others?"
    Some survey.

I have been working to upgun from a subcompact to my old Commander for carry.

User Tag List