Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 IDPA World Championship Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    And before you say nobody carries a Glock 34...
    I didn't say nor infer that. I also know a few people who tote one concealed regularly. But how many people, as a percentage of the ones you know about who do carry regularly, carry a large and heavy piece such as that, or a smaller and lighter example? In any event, my point, such as it was, sailed very wide of the mark.

This posting was not intended to provoke debate. It was posted to serve as a reminder (to me) why I don't get involved in these discussions. I obviously lost my head for a minute, there.

Sorry, I'll try not to let it happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I didn't say nor infer that. I also know a few people who tote one concealed regularly. But how many people, as a percentage of the ones you know about who do carry regularly, carry a large and heavy piece such as that, or a smaller and lighter example? In any event, my point, such as it was, sailed very wide of the mark.

This posting was not intended to provoke debate. It was posted to serve as a reminder (to me) why I don't get involved in these discussions. I obviously lost my head for a minute, there.

Sorry, I'll try not to let it happen again.

I'd guess that the majority of respondents who weren't liars are carrying something like an LCP, or smaller, tucked away in a fanny pack or vest pocket.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    That's the case. I know quite a few competitors around around who don't carry or carry a little guy. To a friend's credit, he has dropped his big blaster for his Shield in the last two matches to ring it out. He found out that with his giant hands, he kept pressing the mag release and screwing up.

I love IDPA (horrors) - it's pace is fine with me and I have friends there. But it's not a serious concealed carry paradigm. As pointed out the Glock 34's are silly although a small number carry them. A friend has but most of the time, it's a Sig 938. For the higher end folks, the vests are silly. Make a rule that you wear a tropical shirt or a fleece vest. The new category that makes a G19 a little guy because you really, really down load it - HUH?

Want a little guy carry division? Pocket carry the gun. If you shoot off your balls, too bad.

J frames or a box that only the current 380's fit in. Have the shooter carry one reload and have to hit each target once in the zero or lose 5 (no double taps, three shots Mozambiques, etc.). No make ups. That would be a SHTF pocket carry gun realistic view.

That being said, I like IDPA and steel.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I'd guess that the majority of respondents who weren't liars are carrying something like an LCP, or smaller, tucked away in a fanny pack or vest pocket.
    Count on it.

The level of hypocrisy amongst the players at the several local IDPA matches I went to was rather amusing. There were two of us, that I know for sure, who were competing with the same gun and gear that we carried everyday. I'm retired, and the other guy is self-employed; i.e., no dress code to worry about. The others; well, hey you gotta wear slacks and a tie at work, no problem, I understand. Add in some NPE considerations, I get it. But just own it; don't make a bunch of lame-ass excuses. You're playing a game, with gamer gear.

I could go on, but its all been covered before. I too hesitate to criticize in excess, because for those few who do use their actual carry gear, its a great way to put said gear to the test. And its good practice for those who don't know how to practice.

But to try and 'splain that, hey, lots of people carry G34s concealed… oh, please…

Lots of people do carry and conceal G34/35's daily but they don't don the gun burka to play the vest game.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Gun burka - got to use that. Of course, at USPSA, there are squads of fat bellies in skin tight yellow bumble-bee outfits. I still shudder at the guy who was sweaty and you could see his hairy belly as the shirt was semi-transparent. Yuk!

It's all just fun. It was colder last IDPA match and I used an old ratty LLBean bomber style jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Count on it.

The level of hypocrisy amongst the players at the several local IDPA matches I went to was rather amusing. There were two of us, that I know for sure, who were competing with the same gun and gear that we carried everyday. I'm retired, and the other guy is self-employed; i.e., no dress code to worry about. The others; well, hey you gotta wear slacks and a tie at work, no problem, I understand. Add in some NPE considerations, I get it. But just own it; don't make a bunch of lame-ass excuses. You're playing a game, with gamer gear.

I could go on, but its all been covered before. I too hesitate to criticize in excess, because for those few who do use their actual carry gear, its a great way to put said gear to the test. And its good practice for those who don't know how to practice.

But to try and 'splain that, hey, lots of people carry G34s concealed… oh, please…

What I find amusing is complaining about people misreporting what gun they carry when we have absolutely no data to back up the argument on either side.
    It is all speculation.
    I can only know the people who I shoot with and who come to my matches. They have no reason to lie about it. I ask what people carry. I can't, however, turn that into a generalization for the whole State or REgion, much less the US. There are so many variables and factors that specualation is useless.
    Tell me what you KNOW, not what you don't know.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Lots of people do carry and conceal G34/35's daily...
    Must be a regional thing, then. Because practically no one I know (and I see plenty of folks daily at the lab, besides the ones I know) conceal carries anything bigger than a G19.

Moot point anyway, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    What I find amusing is complaining about people misreporting what gun they carry when we have absolutely no data to back up the argument on either side.
    It is all speculation.
    No, it is not speculation. I told you (well, actually orionZ06) what I SEE, in addition to what I know. And yes, that is for my region (deep south). What you aren't taking into consideration is that I have been to seminars/etc. all over this country, and its always the same… a very few are actually armed, even fewer are carrying a serious handgun. And everybody talks a good game, such as how anybody serious uses a .45… while carrying a J frame on their ankle, if that.

Whatever… out here.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Says who? Under the section it says "International Defensive Pistol Association Discussion". Not "Passes Cody's smell-test" or "Only supportive discussion, please". Lighten up, Francis.

(And you spelled your own name wrong, btw).

t
    Lol!!!

User Tag List