- Springfield XDS 9mm
    - Glock 23
    - Glock 27
    - Ruger LCP
    - S&W M&P 9mm
    - Glock 42

More in the PDF.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    How could Glocks be so popular. I read on the Internet that the grip angle and ergonomics of Glocks are horrible. I thought the article, which is by the throne now, had an interesting point that CDP is losing popularity for the 9's. Oh, the horror!

Maybe I will shoot my 1911 more and come in better in the matches. I once came in second after a champion revolver shooter (well, there were only two revolvers that day!).

People competing in IDPA or in Production or Optics in USPSA need reliable pistols. Competitors quickly move away from guns with bad triggers, unreliable, mag issues, grip issues, etc. I think these lists represent the most reliable production/stock guns available today.
    I am surprised by the popularity of the S&W Shield, more than the GLock 26 for CCW. I personally don't like the grip/trigger on the Shield. Also, interesting to see the Glock 43 already on the top list. 40cal all but gone from IDPA competition, but still hanging on with CCW. Notable not a single Sig in CCW firearms. I carry a CZ75 SDP L cocked and locked.

I am also happy to see the progress CZ is making in IDPA as well.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Around here folks buy Shields as they are cheaper and pocketable as compared to G26s. That translates into match choice?

The 40 is doomed!! I ditched my 27 and went 9 or 45 in the semis. I do have Buckmark for plinking and steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Around here folks buy Shields as they are cheaper and pocketable as compared to G26s. That translates into match choice?
    To clarify, that's the pistol that competitors said they carried when they weren't competing.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Notable not a single Sig in CCW firearms.
    Cody

Whatchu tawkin' 'bout Willis?

FWIW, I don't put a lot of stock in these surveys, but what's kinda humorous/lame/sad/telling for an organization with a mission statement like IDPA's (and perhaps the gun carrying public as a whole?) is the disparity between "top guns" and "top CCW" choices.

t

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Whatchu tawkin' 'bout Willis?

FWIW, I don't put a lot of stock in these surveys, but what's kinda humorous/lame/sad/telling for an organization with a mission statement like IDPA's (and perhaps the gun carrying public as a whole?) is the disparity between "top guns" and "top CCW" choices.

t
    Agree, IDPA is a joke.

What I really wanna know, and you'll never get it from a survey, is how many folks actually carry their gun compared to how many say they carry and respond in kind.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What I really wanna know, and you'll never get it from a survey, is how many folks actually carry their gun...
    We have a couple. Even less though that carry one similar to the one they compete with.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Agree, IDPA is a joke.

Believe it or not, I actually wasn't really going there. I bitch about the subjectivity of the rules as much as anybody, but…. It's a game. I enjoy playing it. I'm not going to try and take away the fact that for some (between their ears anyway), it's more than that. It gets folks out shooting together.

It has actually turned into a great bonding activity between my father and I. He doesn't feel comfortable with his skill set for some of the other shooting sports, but he likes IDPA. And, incidentally, his skills have grown pretty dramatically as a result. Over the holidays, my mother was actually bitching about "all the clicking" going on down in my Dad's study over the summer. Tickled me pink…

t

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post

I'm definitely confused. I thought the whole idea behind IDPA was concealed carry??? And yeah, the G34 is definitely in the top ten of viable concealed carry pistols...

User Tag List