Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Given up on my Cz-P01, back to the H&K LEM or Try DA/SA ?

I'm curious about the issues with certain pistols. Is it the norm to ditch the gun and pick up something completely different or diagnose the issues with the gun and fix the mechanical problems?
    Last edited by Wheeler; 12-27-2015 at 11:39 AM.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I'm curious about the issues with certain pistols. Is it the norm to ditch the gun and pick up something completely different or diagnose the issues with the gun and fix the mechanical problems?
    Yes
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I used a P-01 back when they first came out. It worked okay for about the first 500rds, and then it developed trigger slap problems(actually painful), it broke a take down pin, and it developed feeding and extraction problems. Went to classic Sigs and haven't had any problems with the 9mm and .40 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes
    Interesting.

Sounds expensive, especially once ancillary equipment is purchased.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

H&K USP9C V7 LEM has a better trigger than the P2000 V2 LEM (slightly less takeup and a shorter reset).
    It's biggest negatives are a proprietary rail, somewhat blocky grip and even fewer sight and holster options than the P2000.

DA/SA I'd go Beretta 92 compact or Sig P229 with a SRT.
    H&K's DA/SA triggers are dog shit.
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-27-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The 229 seems to combine the reliability of the HK with shoot ability of the CZ.
    And the weight/thickness of a brick...

Seriously, though, the P229s I've had reason to handle recently had HORRIBLE, gritty, hitchy, nasty DA triggers. The SRT SA is nice, but the recent DA has been poop on a stick, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I wouldn't know.
    I shoot H&K's so I've never experienced any "issues".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    And the weight/thickness of a brick...

Seriously, though, the P229s I've had reason to handle recently had HORRIBLE, gritty, hitchy, nasty DA triggers. The SRT SA is nice, but the recent DA has been poop on a stick, IMHO.
    My M11A1 had a really nice trigger out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    My M11A1 had a really nice trigger out of the box.
    That's good to hear. I keep hoping Sig turns around its manufacturing and starts producing the quality of pistols they did when I fell in love with them back in the late 80s, early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That's good to hear. I keep hoping Sig turns around its manufacturing and starts producing the quality of pistols they did when I fell in love with them back in the late 80s, early 90s.
    Sig's biggest issue is a lack of consistency.
    They're too busy perfecting the new rainbow finish to worry about little things like poor quality MIM extractors.

User Tag List