Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Given up on my Cz-P01, back to the H&K LEM or Try DA/SA ?

I'll add my most recent experience with defense loads in my PCR. Sunday, I shot up 85 assorted 124gr 9mm hollow points- Golden Saber, Critical Defense, HPR, and 50 rounds of 147gr HST. All fed, fired, and ejected, from CZ 14rd and MecGar 16rd mags. Pistol has CGW 11.5 lb hammer spring and extended firing pin.

I installed the tritium front sight from my SP-01 Tactical and went to 147s to bring the point of impact up a little.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Redneck View Post
    I'll add my most recent experience with defense loads in my PCR. Sunday, I shot up 85 assorted 124gr 9mm hollow points- Golden Saber, Critical Defense, HPR, and 50 rounds of 147gr HST. All fed, fired, and ejected, from CZ 14rd and MecGar 16rd mags. Pistol has CGW 11.5 lb hammer spring and extended firing pin.

I installed the tritium front sight from my SP-01 Tactical and went to 147s to bring the point of impact up a little.

YMMV
    Great! I've probably put close to 800 of 124g Lawman and only a handful of Gold Dots with no issues. I want to try a couple others.

What base pads do you have on the 16 round Mecgars to keep it flush with the grip? The SP-01 pads?

Pepperoni and I both independently concluded that 124+P Gold Dot felt hot for the alloy P01.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pepperoni and I both independently concluded that 124+P Gold Dot felt hot for the alloy P01.
    Specifically the +P? I only put a handful through, so I'll keep an eye out. I'll try some non +P 124, 147 HST, Ranger-T 147, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Specifically the +P? I only put a handful through, so I'll keep an eye out. I'll try some non +P 124, 147 HST, Ranger-T 147, etc.
    Yes, the +P part.

My P01 loves 147 HST, been through a 1000 at this point without hiccup. Also agree 124+P was not my cup of tea, a little snappy without any real ballistic improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Great! I've probably put close to 800 of 124g Lawman and only a handful of Gold Dots with no issues. I want to try a couple others.

What base pads do you have on the 16 round Mecgars to keep it flush with the grip? The SP-01 pads?
    They are not flush with the bottom of the grip, I holster 14 +1 and have a 16 rounder as a reload.

Have you tested that combo thoroughly with slide lock reloads? It has been a while, but I recall some issues using the full size magazine in the P01 at slide lock.

I've never deliberately tested for that failure, but, I have shot 4 IDPA matches using the +2 mags without a failure. These are Mec-Gar compact mags with their +2 base pad.

The only failure I've experienced thus far has been with a .380 case that slipped through my sorting/reloading/inspection (or lack there of) process, it fired and failed to extract.

User Tag List