Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: More Trigger Finger, Really?

More Trigger Finger, Really?

I just saw this video,

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-25-2015 at 09:20 PM. Reason: embedded video

While there may be something about how much finger to put on the trigger in that video, it was difficult to navigate through all the tough-guy lingo.

The answer is, it is different for everyone.

I used to chase the "perfect" amount of finger to put on the trigger and now I just default to a full grip. No breaking of knuckles, no middle of the trigger finger, none of that stuff. Full grip, full finger, pistol, rifle, blade, whatever all the same no issues and I am more accurate with this than I was chasing anything else.

Your results may differ.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Just noticed my son’s new Boba Fett keeps trying to use only the tip.

So are you like Boba or Pat?

Attachment 5131

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    Your thoughts?
    I've known Mac for many years. He's one of the few people whose opinion I rarely question.

Give his suggestion a try. It it works--and it probably will--then fine. If not, then try something else.

Okie John

Delete duplicate post.
    Last edited by okie john; 12-25-2015 at 09:35 PM.

My fingers are plenty long for any trigger option, but "sinking" it has worked best.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    I just saw this video,

Your thoughts?
    It can work great for some folks. On striker fired guns the first crease has worked best for my mediocre shooting ability and medium size hands.

Try the trigger stripe drill with different finger locations and see what works best for you both fast and slow fire.

https://youtu.be/Azb3q8wOrV4

"Really big dick beaters." I snorted when he said that! Pat Mac is purebred rude, crude and kick ass Infantry through and through!
    Last edited by Lomshek; 12-25-2015 at 10:35 PM.

We were discussing the value of attending formal training in another thread a few months back, and I remembered writing...

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Another, more experienced, shooter was consistently grouping to the left with her Glock pistol, not an uncommon problem. The instructor discussed trigger finger placement and suggested that the student use more finger on the trigger. We all watched as the student went from consistently left to a tight center mass group. Her improvement was dramatic.
    I've found Glock pistols in particular are sensitive to trigger finger placement, and more trigger finger certainly helps keep my groups centered. I tend to notice it when I've stepped away from Glock for an extended period. Try it. And the instructor was not Mr. McNamara, but another top level competitive shooter.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I always wondered about this. I might give it a try.

Thanks for posting the video.

Site Supporter
    Mr. McNamara is a fan of the 1911 pistol as well as the Glock -- I wonder if he uses that same trigger technique for the 1911. I typically get a lot of finger on the trigger of revolvers and striker-fired guns, but I use just the pad for the 1911.

User Tag List