Thread: Week 144: Bill WHO

Week 144: Bill WHO

Week 144: Bill WHO

Results may be posted until January 25th, 2016.

Designed by: Gabe White
    Range: 7, 15, and 25 yards
    Target: USPSA Metric or IDPA or similar
    Start Position: WHO ready position of choice
    Rounds Fired: 36
    Procedure: Start facing downrange with handgun loaded with at least six rounds and in support hand only ready position of your choice. Upon start signal, engage the target with six rounds.

For this drill of the week, we'll shoot a support hand only variation of the classic Bill Drill twice at each of three different distances, for a total of six runs. Shoot the drill twice at 7 yards, twice at 15 yards, and twice at 25 yards. Record all hits and times.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Gun and target used

7 yard Times and Hits: (as an example - 1st run, 2.00 seconds with 5A/1C, 2nd run, 1.85 seconds with 6A

15 yard Times and Hits: (as an example - 1st run, 2.7 seconds with 4A/2C, 2nd run, 2.5 seconds with 6A

25 yard Times and Hits: (as an example - 1st run, 4.00 seconds with 3A/3C, 2nd run, 3.5 seconds with 6A

Observations: anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I am starting to think Mr. White is devising these drills just to make me feel bad.

G19 w/RMR
    IPSC target
    7 yard 1st run 5.13 1C, 2nd run 5.86 1C
    15 yard 1st run 7.73 2C, 2nd run 7.34 1C
    25 yard 1st run 10.92 2C 1D, 2nd run 9.04 2C 1D

So other than the runs being slow, I am looking for a way out. How good to you need to be with more "normal" shooting before you worry about your WHO Bill drill times? Ya, I realize that is just me making excuses, I'll get to work.

Oof...I really wasn't looking forward to this because I felt it was going to be a waste of time given what I know about my current WH shooting abilities and how much I've deprioritized them.

G17 Gen4
    Q-PT target

Tried to stay reasonably fast at 7 yards.

7 yds, string 1: 4.86, 2C

Name:  IMAG0847.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  28.0 KB

7 yds, string 2: 5.63, 2C

Name:  IMAG0848.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  31.7 KB

15 yds, string 1: 12.08, 2C, 2D, 1 head. Speechless.

Name:  IMAG0849.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  37.5 KB

15 yds, string 2: 14.40, 2C, 2 misses. I noticed I was aiming a bit high/right here, which showed up on the target (one of the misses). The other miss is just completely unaccounted for. Should have taped the whole target before shooting this.

Name:  IMAG0850.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  28.7 KB

I'm baffled how I could be that bad at 15 yards firing somewhat slow when the target is twice as bit as doing Dot Torture at 7 yds, where I got 4/5 WH earlier that night. Maybe I just wasn't shooting slow enough.

The thing this drill was best at was making me bitch.

Pistol used- P320 9mm
    Target- Q-PT

7 Yards
    1st run 9.90 clean
    2nd run 9.82 clean

15 Yards
    28.77 -2
    26.87 -2

21 Yards- it's as far as this bay goes.
    40.88 -2 one completely outside the "bottle"
    38.19 -2 at least they were all in the bottle.

Things I learned
    I'm still slow, but I am making better hits faster than I was a month ago!
    Also if I make a bad shot I get the dialogue from "bullet proof cup" scene from Super Troopers stuck in my head.
    "Oh I wouldn't worry about that little guy"
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  41.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  41.4 KB

This DotW sucked big time for me, but it really emphasized the fact I need to practice weak hand only a LOT more.
    Pistol used - S&W M&P 9mm Pro Series with cheap micro red dot
    Target - IDPA paper practice target

7 yards: First Run - 14.58 4A 1C 1D; Second Run - 8.51 5A 1C

15 yards: First Run - 18.16 2A 3C 1D; Second Run - 11.89 2A 3C 1D

25 yards: First Run - 12.87 2A 1C 1D 2 Misses; Second Run - 10.55 1A 2C 3 Misses

Had just gotten the red dot back from repairs and this was my first time using it in a long time. Started off having trouble finding the dot on the draw and that cost a lot of time. Trade off was I could see the target and the sight once I found the dot which is better than a blurry blob on an even blurrier blob with the iron sights. Add to that the fact my weak hand seemed to have a mind of its own and I was shooting outside with the wind blowing the target constantly. Don't think the wind was that big a factor, I just need to put the time in on the sight system and with my weak hand. Can't get the reward without the work for sure.

User Tag List