Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1: Slow Fire Marksmanship (ends 10-Oct-11 2359 EDT)

1998 Walther P99, RWS 124 FMJ. 87-1X.

Site Supporter
    GermanSynergy and I shot it today.

GS's target is here, mine will come later.:

95-1X
    Attachment 179

We are diminished
    Awesome job, GS!

I shot a 24 on Wednesday, I'll post the pic later, maybe.

Tougher than expected considering that at the same range I had little trouble grouping well on steel.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Awesome job, GS!
    Thanks! I was off my game today at the range.

We had a long surgery cancelled today, so I zoomed down to the range to shoot this drill. Keep in mind I have been doing a fair amount of 25-50 yd bullseye practice since I took the Pat McNamara course this past summer: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...stro-Valley-CA

I grabbed a G19rtf2 I shot the second day of the Defoor course (http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...stro-Valley-CA) and shot the 10 shot 25 yard drill cold--scoring a 96 (5x). Then I put a hundred rounds through the G19rtf2 doing various close range speed drills at 7-10 yds.

Next I used the G17 I shot the first day at the Defoor course, getting a 97 (1x).

Attachment 180

The G17 seemed to shoot a bit high, so I adjusted the dot down a bit and repeated the drill, scoring another 97, but with 5x. I shot the G17 for 50 more rounds doing barricades, along with working an 870 out to 50 yards using slugs and practicing transitions to the pistol.

Right before I left, I decided to run the drill one more time, using my G19 CCW pistol and shot the Fed 147 gr HST duty rounds loaded in the gun for my final run through the 10 shot drill at 25 yards, getting a 96 (3x). I dropped another magazine of duty ammo into the G19 and went back to the hospital--an unexpectedly fun diversion in the middle of the day!

Attachment 181

RDS equipped pistols really shine when doing longer range shooting!
    Last edited by DocGKR; 10-07-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    ^Tough act to follow.

73-1X. Shoot cold with a Glock 19.

Shot a 90-1X today cold... HK P30 V3 with Heinie Qwik S8
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    I was able to get out and shoot the drill today. I don't do much 25 yd drills so I was shocked by my 82-1x the first time. My second attempt (after a horrible job on the 4-5-6-7 drill) tallied at 73. I had a wonderful group in the 8-ring which afterward I realized was due to me over driving the dot and aiming too high. Lesson learned.

P30 V3
    Heinie Straight 8
    124 g HST

93 - Shot it between stages at our Wednesday night IPSC club match in Winnipeg Canada.

I haven't shot at this distance in a while so I was pleasantly surprised. Pistol is an older Para .40 with some custom work. This drill of the week is a great idea BTW and some of the targets in this thread show that I still have a lot to work on which is exciting!!

User Tag List