Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gen4/RSA/Accuracy Question

Very nice!

Excellent groups.

Okie John - holy cats, dude, you are KILLIN' it with that G19. I need to get to the range A LOT more...

Thanks, guys.

Now I need to go shoot some Bill Drills before I forget how.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    So yeah, I'm really impressed by what the Gen4 Glocks seem capable of doing. I may try my luck at 100 yards tomorrow if the weather holds.

So the weather didn't hold but I tried my luck at 100 yards anyway. Eight hits out of 10 shots from offhand, so not super impressive. Shot at twilight in 35-degree sleet and fog. Also, I had just finished a workout that involved a lot of deadlifts and other pulls, so that may have been a factor.

Using Elmer-Keith type holdover, poking a little bit of front sight up above the top of the rear sight due to the drop of AE 147 ammo. Probably have better luck with a fast 124-grain load that would allow a normal sight picture holding on the target's chin.

So there's that...

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 12-28-2015 at 05:56 PM.

John, I'm curious about something. Are you shooting all Gen 4 Glocks or are you shooting Gen3s as well. If the latter, how different are your 25 yard results?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    John, I'm curious about something. Are you shooting all Gen 4 Glocks or are you shooting Gen3s as well. If the latter, how different are your 25 yard results?
    I'm in the process of retiring my Gen3 guns (which have Wilson barrels) and replacing them with Gen4 guns. With the ammo that each one prefers, they're about equally accurate.

But the Gen4 guns don't require a bunch of mods to get there, plus I can run the mag catch with my trigger finger.

Okie John

Regarding barrel fit, I have noticed that USA made Gen4 and Gen3 19s and 17s have a looser fit like the Gen2 and 3 guns. You can push the barrel down when it's locked up. I haven't shot any of them for groups, but didn't notice a difference for the type of shooting we were doing. I have noticed the 17s generally have worse/more erratic ejection than the 19s.

I have two Gen4 34s and a Gen4 19 that are very tight at lockup and are super accurate. But just today I picked up a Gen3 34 because it had the nicest stock trigger and tightest lockup of any Glock I've felt thus far (and I was done with Gen3s a long time ago).

I hope to shoot it tomorrow to see how it does..

I got the Gen3 34 out this afternoon.

First thing: I honestly can't shoot good enough to say it or the Gen4 is more accurate.
    Second thing: It drops brass on my arms and head about 3-4 cases per mag. Super annoying and something that I am beginning to have a hard time overlooking.

Third thing: The trigger on this gun is what a good old Glock trigger was back in the day. Over the past five years I've convinced myself that I have to have the smaller/better grip of the Gen4, but running this Gen3 today I felt like I fell right back into my old Glock groove. I noticed that I was not having to think about the trigger and I didn't feel like I had to fight trigger freeze.

I got a couple of ten round groups of about 4" offhand with 124 Gold Dots and 147 HST. That's about as good as I can shoot. Better sights help a tiny bit. I'll have a set of 10-8s it in a week or so and I'll try again.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 02-05-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Gen. 3 and gen. 4 use the same barrels. I am not quite sure there is any accuracy difference. I have owned both and did not notice any difference. I actually prefer the gen. 3 in many ways.

If you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

User Tag List