Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ankle Carry gun/holster combo that you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    ... and used a sub 14 ounce gun.
    ^ This ^ is all you need to know about ankle carry, no matter the holster.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    ^ This ^ is all you need to know about ankle carry, no matter the holster.
    That’s true. I first tried a S&W 60 steel frame and couldn’t make it through a whole shift. I bought a 642 when they came out and it was much more comfortable.

I carried a Glock 26 in a Galco Ankle Glove for years and lived to tell the tale.

(It's been a long time since I've worn an ankle holster now. Originally, I carried a S&W 36 on the ankle for several years before trading it toward the 36 in the mid 90's.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I’m gonna try with a 17.8 oz (claimed) firearm I already own rather than a 14 oz weapon I don’t and would have to buy. It isn’t a carry mode I expect to use often, and I’m not expecting amazing comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I carried a Glock 26 in a Galco Ankle Glove for years and lived to tell the tale.

(It's been a long time since I've worn an ankle holster now. Originally, I carried a S&W 36 on the ankle for several years before trading it toward the 36 in the mid 90's.)
    I mean to say trading it toward the G26.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have a Galco Ankle Glove... which I sent to JEA Customs to have the holster changed out. He did one to fit my S&W 642-1 with LaserMax Weapon Light. Very happy with the end result, especially that he kept the loop for the calf strap.

Favorite carry gun, which was redone in NP3 Plus and converted to 9mm.

Banned

So far so good

The De Santis die hard I ordered less than a week ago arrived today. I had it on all day in the house and walked about 4 miles with my dog, carrying my 365. I also got their ankle wallet to carry a reload and identification and some other small stuff. Early days but it’s fine so far. I think it’ll do fine for my limited purposes. If that changes I’ll post back.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Early days but it’s fine so far. I think it’ll do fine for my limited purposes. If that changes I’ll post back.
    How's that setup been for you?

Banned
    I like it a lot for the very rare situations where I can’t or choose not to belt carry a 92 variant; so far those have been on long days on my feet and moving a lot, in and out of lots of cars, and I think it’s quite practical and useful.

User Tag List