Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caliber Testing?

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Internet>me.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    I agree, IMHO the nod goes to a 9mm for at least 4 reasons: lower ammo cost, less recoil, 9mm self defence ammo is much better than it used to be, a given pistol format will hold more 9mm rounds than 40S&W rounds.
    I know these caliber discussions are never ending but from what I have found so far a G22 holds as much as a G19 and 40 s&w will cost me $5.00 more than 124 gr 9mm. Something
    I have not considered is that I have carpel and cubital tunnel (wrist and elbows) in both arms and I need surgery on both wrists and right elbow. I'm not sure I could put accurate rounds down range one handed.

Man y'all are quick, I guess I am making a much bigger deal out of this than I should be.

I guess the next question is weather to get a G17 or G19.

Thx for all the help

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    I know these caliber discussions are never ending but from what I have found so far a G22 holds as much as a G19 and 40 s&w will cost me $5.00 more than 124 gr 9mm. Something
    I have not considered is that I have carpel and cubital tunnel (wrist and elbows) in both arms and I need surgery on both wrists and right elbow. I'm not sure I could put accurate rounds down range one handed.
    I'd suggest that you go to the range, rent a Glock 17 and 22, shoot them and decide for yourself. I've owned both, and have long since sold off my Glock 22's.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    I'd suggest that you go to the range, rent a Glock 17 and 22, shoot them and decide for yourself. I've owned both, and have long since sold off my Glock 22's.
    I have shoot both back to back and my groups we better with the G17. I guess it's hard to see the forest through the tree's sometimes.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    I have shoot both back to back and my groups we better with the G17. I guess it's hard to see the forest through the tree's sometimes.

Mike
    Very hard to go wrong with a 17.

Myself and another Staff member supervised some novice shooters yesterday on the range. They could select the Beretta 92F, P228, Glock 17/19 and the M&P 9 and 9C.

We supervised the Glock shooters, and our station was quite popular with the ladies, most of whom were in the 22-27 age bracket.

I could attribute the popularity of our station to my charm and good looks , but it turns out the 9mm Glock was the easiest platform for them to shoot.

Amongst serious shooters (the majority of this forum) you'll find few, if any that will pontificate about stopping power, bigger is better etc.

Find the gun you shoot best in the caliber you shoot best, and train.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

hahahahahahaha, I'm sure my wife won't truly appreciate the swarm of ladies around my 9...

I really like the M&P and was my first choice but the lack of a .22 conversion and mags seeming to be out of stock all the time have helped to make my mind up on getting a glock.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Amongst serious shooters (the majority of this forum) you'll find few, if any that will pontificate about stopping power, bigger is better etc.

Find the gun you shoot best in the caliber you shoot best, and train.
    CHURCH

I need to learn to not let my undiagnosed OCD and ADD take over my mind and fill it with useless arguments.

Mike

fill it with useless arguments.
    Balderdash.

Buying firearms is a fairly serious event, so seeking information is smart.

FWIW, I started with .45 ACP many years ago and now cheerfully recommend 9mm. Actually shooting critters with 9mm JHPs has convinced me that it works as well as a handgun cartridge will work. If, God forbid, I have to shoot someone, plan is to shoot till the threat ends, regardless of which caliber/bullet combination I have.

User Tag List