Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&W Model 66-2 2.5" barrel

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Speaking of classic wood, I understand Spegel is not taking orders ? Where would be a good place to look for a set ? EBay ?
    I heard that has been the case for some time now. Dunno, after discovering Kim Ahrends' work, I sold my last set of Spegels years ago. Not because I didn't like them; they are primo. But because somebody offered me stupid money for them, and Ahrends stock are just as good, IMO.

I'd look at Ahrends' offering before mortgaging my first-born for a used set of Spegels, if I were you...

Spegal is taking orders. You have to call him, and get on his list. He will then call you when he is ready to build your stocks. He takes no money until your order is ready. Very nice guy to deal with.

Site Supporter
    I have a set of Spegel boot grips on one 66 and a set of Ahrends retro banana grips on another. I really like both but the Ahrends are longer. They go past the bottom of the frame.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not the same gun, but here's a 64-2 2" that is looking like it'll go for a song...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=539726557

jamautry, you did very well. I've got one and wouldn't let it go below $900 at this point.

The movie I think of when I think of the 2.5" K frame is The Last Boy Scout. It featured Bruce Willis, Courtney Cox, and Damon Wyans; it's real stars were the Model 19 and the Model 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have a set of Spegel boot grips on one 66 and a set of Ahrends retro banana grips on another. I really like both but the Ahrends are longer. They go past the bottom of the frame.
    You can get Ahrends that end flush with the bottom of the grip frame.

User Tag List