This is my 2nd time training with LMS and both times were attending their 1 Day Pistol Clinic in Boulder City, NV.

Course Description:
The course is designed for novice and regular shooters with an emphasis on learning handgun safety, core fundamentals and shooting dynamics, weapons handling, effective handgun engagement techniques, and holster use. The course also provides take home techniques and skills to train correctly on your own. Cost of the class was $175.

Location & Weather Conditions:
The course was held at the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club (http://www.brpc1.org) which is approximately 30 minutes drive from Las Vegas, NV. The weather was pleasant in the morning and hot and humid after lunch, no clouds, no wind and lots of positive attitudes going into the class.

Instructors:
Colby Rupert was our primary instructor for the class with Aaron backing him up. Colby is a Las Vegas resident, former Marine and is currently a Paramedic at one of our local Fire Departments as well as being an instructor for LMS.

Meat & potatoes:
To be fair I'll probably miss quite a few things and am referencing, and copying parts, from my AAR from my first class. Reason for this is I left my notepad at home and I'm traveling this week, Seattle has beautiful weather today. Both classes were very similar in content and instruction. The class was definitely tailored to the individual in a way where beginning shooters were offered more encouragement and instruction than some of the more advanced shooters without neglecting their needs in terms of instruction.

We started off by making introductions and got down to the opening safety lecture. Along with the 4 basic rules of safety LMS also incorporates a 5th which is to not attempt to catch a falling gun. I think this 5th range rule is right on target and should be emphasized by all in the training environment.

Colby also lectured on the difference between skills, technique and procedures breaking them down into their subtle nuances in regards to training. Moving on we focused on the fundamentals to include but not limited to stance, drawing from the holster, presentation, sight alignment, trigger press, trigger reset and dry fire drills. Every drill was walked through step by step and progressed in a linear fashion to single commands that would incorporate all the previously learned steps at the appropriate time.

Some of the drills that were incorporated into our training were shooting from the 2 1/2, 5 and 10 meter onto called bullseyes. We performed this with a shot timer as the 1/2 and 1/2 drill as well. Todd Green's FAST test was also done near the beginning of clas and towards the end with some people experiencing dramatic improvements after only 1 day of instruction. We used photo realistic targets with an x-ray style outline depicting the spine, heart and ocular cavity with the last 2 being the primary targets. Instead of the instructors dictating how many shots were placed on target we were told to use an NSR or non-standard response and determine how many rounds were needed for the desired effect.

Several other drills were incorporated into our 1 day pistol clinic and and all were demonstrated and performed from a crawling to walking pace that worked out well for everyone involved. The entire time a great emphasis was put on safety throughout the course while still maintaining a relaxed atmosphere that was very conducive to learning the course material.

Overview: John & Aaron both did an outstanding job of providing safe, quality instruction mixed with a good deal of humor and I think everyone got a great deal out of training with LMS. Personally I think this is an ideal class for a beginner level shooter to possibly an intermediate level or anyone who'd like to polish their skills at any level.