Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: Skill at arms

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    Someone really needs to do the lightsaber treatment to this gif....
    Or a version of "Indiana Jones shoots the sword-wielding dude".
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Exactly!

"Inquartarded Jones and the Bladers of the Lost Derp"
    I knew George Lucas was still in the movie business.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I'm confused about the Inquartarded thing... I mean, I've done some practicing shooting WHO and SHO while moving off the line of the imaginary bad guy's attack, but nobody told me I was supposed to throw my non-gun hand into the air and wave it like I just didn't care.

Can someone tell me what that does for me?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'm confused about the Inquartarded thing... I mean, I've done some practicing shooting WHO and SHO while moving off the line of the imaginary bad guy's attack, but nobody told me I was supposed to throw my non-gun hand into the air and wave it like I just didn't care.

Makes you an instant Pro over at Defensive Carry...

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar

Tactical engagement of overhead objects; movement is specific to handling roofs which are on fire.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Tactical engagement of overhead objects; movement is specific to handling roofs which are on fire.
    *ahem*

We don't need no water, let the mother@#$%er burn.

It's the Flamenco influence. You get style points, particularly if holding your shemagh in your off hand.

I'm trying to work out the roots of the whole "Inquartarded" thing. Did Iniquity and Retardation have a baby of hellish stupidity?
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters."

Frank Lloyd Wright

I'm wondering if I should try to give a serious explanation or just let Brownie keep being made fun of ...

It's too early in the morning to be serious.

In traditional fencing technique, the non-sword hand was held above and behind the body to keep it from being a target. Dropping the hand/arm when you lunge toward your opponent was supposed to add a bit of force and distance.

Modern fencers tend to use a lower arm position.

In fencing, Inquartata is a single step out of the path of an opponent's lunge, along with a parry and counter to the high inside line. The off hand is thrown back to get the back shoulder out of the path of the opponent's blade, which will be passing close to the chest.

As shown, the application to firearms seems...dubious.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 01-03-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: embedded videos

User Tag List