Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 143: 2 in 2 Walkback

Start position-hands at side.
    Pistol and holster- Sig P320 in the crappy holster that came with it.
    Q-PT target.

Started at 3 yards.
    Results-
    1.72 pass
    5 yards
    2.08 fail -1
    2.34 fail

Well I knew this drill would give me problems back doing the "pistol now"drill I had draw times in the 1.80's
    But I was able to get draw times 1.36, 1.60 and 1.62 so I have made improvements in that area.

In under the Alaska time cutoff..

Had many of the same observations as dove in that I started out point shooting with a very limited, back of slide type sight picture in an effort to make the par time and ended up getting pushed in a productive direction that has decreased draw times and first split times, which usually are significantly slower than my 3rd/4th/5th shot splits. By "double tapping" - taking two shots with one sight picture - and finding that the shots tended to be very close to each other if one starts with the proper grip, I've started getting more aggressive on the trigger with the second shot.

Start position - hands at sides
    Gear - USP LEM, CCC Shaggy under a t shirt

3 yards, clean, 1.98

5 yards, clean, 2.87
    -When too fast is very slow.

5 yards, 2.01, -1 body

Last chance...
    5 yards, 1.90, -1 head (anatomically favorable miss)

At the beginning, draws weren't anywhere close to where they needed to be to be successful at this drill at any distance, and by the end, I thought this wasn't quite as far out of my wheelhouse as I'd expected it to be. Draws still need a lot of work to be "pure profit."
    Last edited by eyemahm; 01-19-2016 at 03:22 AM.

User Tag List