Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Colonel Blades

This is just a thought that popped into my mind while reading your post. Nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So I am not a blade guy really. I have done some training on knife fighting, but very little. I have been carrying a knife of some type every day since I was a boy. I have yet to find the perfect knife, I have hundreds of them, and most of them never see the light of day. Like a lot of things, I am always looking for better ways to do things. That said, I don't have the time right now to dive into blade training
    I feel the reverse edge method taught by people like Craig Douglas is both pretty simple (hey, if I can learn to use it...) and quick to learn, as well as also fairly universal - ie. not reliant on a special type of blade (that may or may not be legal, difficult ot acquire a new one in case of breakage or loss, etc.). Perhaps instead of looking for the absolutely perfect knife, a simple, effective and fairly universal method of use might be worth looking into..? I realise you said you don't have time for blade training, but don't you have to do some training anyway in order to be able to utilize that perfect knife?

Anyway, like I said, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    This is just a thought that popped into my mind while reading your post. Nothing more than that.

I feel the reverse edge method taught by people like Craig Douglas is both pretty simple (hey, if I can learn to use it...) and quick to learn, as well as also fairly universal - ie. not reliant on a special type of blade (that may or may not be legal, difficult ot acquire a new one in case of breakage or loss, etc.). Perhaps instead of looking for the absolutely perfect knife, a simple, effective and fairly universal method of use might be worth looking into..? I realise you said you don't have time for blade training, but don't you have to do some training anyway in order to be able to utilize that perfect knife?

It's primarily a point driven method that's taught with a peek at reverse edge beyond that. Point driven supports a wider variety of tools.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

Good point and well received. I will look into that.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    I’ve thought about picking up a NCO for off duty carry to experiment with. If the point on the grip is the problem for consealment they’re cheap enough that a grinding wheel would take care of that nicely without too much pain in the pocketbook. From carrying mine at my 10:30 if the sheath was angled slightly (tip pointed toward tour 12 O’clock) it seems like the grip would disappear as it would be almost parallel with the belt line?
    I’ve got mine in a Bladerigs sheath and carry it oriented in the way you described. It still sticks out, though I think a wedge might help a little with that.

@ Langdon Tactical. I will bring both the Colonel Blade and the Push Daggers to TacCon. You can see the difference.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I don't know jack about knife fighting, but the Colonel Blade looks strong or support hand draw specific, whereas the Clinch Pick and push dagger can be drawn by either hand.
    The CP can certainly be set up to be drawn with either hand. I don't think the PD can be. Because of the handle orientation, it needs to be optimized for a specific draw. If you have it for string side access, any way to grab it with the left hand is going to be a similar path as if you were grabbing a strong side pistol with your off hand. It can be done, but it is never going to be ideal.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Good point and well received. I will look into that.

Dude, give me four hours and you will have about as workable and functional knife method as you will ever need for 98% of any plausible scenario. Hell, give me two, and we will take care of 80%.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 02-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Dude, give me four hours and you will have about as workable and functional knife method as you will ever need for 98% of any plausible scenario. Hell, give me two, and we will take care of 80%.
    Oh, that is going to happen. Sounds like a half day of shooting and a half day of stabbing
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Oh, that is going to happen. Sounds like a half day of shooting and a half day of stabbing
    Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Time very well spent and I am sold on the Clinch Pick. Perfect for my needs and very concealable for sure. Thanks for the time, training and the loaner CP.

Now I have to go buy my own
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List