Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonel Blades

Colonel Blades

Anybody have any experience with Colonel Blades and their knives?

I have been seeing them getting more popular recently and seeing Todd post a picture of one included in his recent EDC post on Pistol-Training.com made me want to know more about them.

http://www.colonelblades.com/#crossed-off

When you absolutely, positively want to break a finger...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

They certainly have excellent customer service. I picked up one of their live blade/trainer packages and the sheath that comes with the live blade (the trainer isn't designed to fit in the sheath, FWIW) was a bit loose. I emailed the company to ask about exchanging the sheath for one that had better retention. They said don't worry about exchanging it, we'll get a new sheath in the mail tomorrow. New sheath arrived a few days later and fit/held perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo
    When you absolutely, positively want to break a finger...
    I'll be the first to admit that I know precisely zero when it comes to knife fighting. The caveman-esq "punch bad thing with sharp thing" design of this knife appeals to me.
    Last edited by Eli; 12-17-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Not for everyone, especially those who know how to use a knife well.
    For Todd, it works very well due to his mobility issues and no training in edged weapons.
    It is extremely simple to use, but could use a slight re-design to make it more user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    The caveman-esq "punch bad thing with sharp thing" design of this knife appeals to me.
    Despite what fetishists may say, there's not really that much more to it than that.
    Last edited by SouthNarc; 12-17-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Despite what fetishists may say, there's not really that much more to it than that.
    Yeah, true.

Except people tend to grab the blade, your hand or worse you get the blade stuck between a bone or something and they start rolling around.....with your finger hooked inside it.

I dont know about you, but i need my fingers for stuff.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

If I'm stabbing someone and all I come out of it with is a broken or even severed finger or two... I'll still call that a fairly good outcome.
    I'll take heart in knowing they're probably having a worse day than I am considering the pointy end is stuck inside them somewhere.
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-17-2015 at 11:55 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Just so I'm clear I'm not a fan of anything with a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    If I'm stabbing someone and all I come out of it with is a broken or even severed finger or two... I'll still call that a fairly good outcome.
    I'll take heart in knowing they're probably having a worse day than I am considering the pointy end is stuck inside them somewhere.
    Lesser of two evils, sure, id call that a good day too.

Though I'd suggest planning on not breaking your fingers.
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Just so I'm clear I'm not a fan of anything with a ring.
    I thought married chicks were still fair game?

User Tag List