Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Careful

Be Careful

I don't normally post threads all about my personal life. I'm a private person, but I just need to vent off some personal stress a bit and I appreciate the folks here on P-F for being level-headed, logical, and reasonable. Right now I am on an unscheduled, unplanned, visit to Texas. Because last week my uncle slipped off the roof of his house and landed on the driveway, fracturing his skull, and ended up in a coma. No one knows why he was on the roof, nor why he went up alone. Remember folks, household accidents are more dangerous than guns and cars combined. I sit here, lost, staring at the wall, wondering if he will recover. What ifs aren't useful and aren't helpful, so I try not to play that game. I don't blame him at all, he is that kind of guy, something is broken, he'll fix it, don't wait. Now, I wait, we wait. Heart broken, guts wrenching, as my favorite uncle lays in a hospital bed, fighting for his life. Our family waits -

And I just want you folks to be fucking careful out there. Don't get hurt doing something dumb around house, dammit! And please, if you haven't done it - Update your Last Will and Testaments, get your Life Insurance up-to-date, get that long-term and short-term disability insurance you have put off, and don't forget to address a living-will clause for accidents if you are in a coma or vegetative state. If you've got a gun on your hip, but don't have your insurance and will taken care of - your priorities are messed up. Get them straightened out. Fortunately, my aunt and uncle had these things in place and though this tragedy is taxing and trying, we aren't constantly worried about the other things. We can focus on his care and personal health in this time, for that reason alone.

Be careful, dammit.

Please also - I appreciate everyone's well wishes and thoughts, it is not necessary to post them here. I didn't post for that reason, I posted, because these accidents can happen to you. As I've become so acutely aware through personal experience and I just wanted to remind folks, as we near the Christmas Holiday (or whatever Holiday(s) you celebrate) and we are near our families, that I want all of you to be happy, healthy, and I want your families to be taken care of, should something unfortunate befall you - and I hope to hell it doesn't happen.

-Rob

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'm passing my best wishes along anyways.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Thanks for the post Rob. Good luck with your family and hopefully things will improve.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm passing my best wishes along anyways.
    Me too.

Thanks for the reminder. We've got things covered here.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Thanks, Rob. Prayers out for your uncle.

Okie John

Site Supporter
    I hear that Rob. Passing my best to you and yours regardless. Hope your holidays are as good as possible and that your uncle's recovery is quick and certain.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that RR, hoping for the best for all involved.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Great reminder all around Rob, thank you, and I'm sorry to hear this about your Uncle. My family's thoughts and prayers are with him, you, and your family.

Many thanks for the reminder.

I wish your uncle the best in his recovery.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Sorry to hear that. Will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

User Tag List