Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 consensus

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Never heard of that. I just read up on it. I don't have any problem with the post being deleted if it presents a safety issue.
    I certainly wasn't suggesting anyone delete your post...

Mostly I was clarifying that I understood you correctly.

I guess for me, it brings to mind that what you seem to be trying to prevent with that procedure is ND via foreign matter in trigger guard. I think that has to be considered against the competing risk of putting your finger in the wrong place inside the trigger guard (in front of the trigger instead of behind it) when you don't want to fire. My gut says the second problem is worse, especially since I assume you have very strongly established the act of putting your finger on the face of the trigger. Not trying to tell you how it is going to work for you though.

I think the Babineaux method was discussed here (sorry no link handy) and people were mostly against it IIRC.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by PT Doc View Post
    ... "Superfit" process, which to my understanding, is welding up the rails and then hand lapping them, to get a nice, tight fit. I will never shoot to the capability of this pistol.
    Honestly outside of Bianchi or bullseye guns that isn't needed. Out of the box most of the P320s I've seen are 2" at 25 yards guns.

Now if you are shooting Bianchi a fitted 320 is killer.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

I have shot right about 100 rds through two 320's. 100 total. So, not enough rds to really add much to this conversation. I do think my experience with it may be of some interest though. I fired 5 rds for group with the first 320 I ever shot. This told me where it was hitting, how accurate it was, what the recoil was like, and how the trigger felt. I then shot 5 pressouts. This improved my understanding of the recoil and trigger reset. I then shot 2 FAST drills back to back. One was 4.5 or so, and the other was 4.7 or so.

So, I think the 320 is pretty shootable, just like most other duty guns:-) I'm sure with some dedicated practice, it could be shot really well, but I think it speaks well of the gun that it was that easy to shoot well, right off the bat. I may have the chance to really wear some 320's out, so if that happens, I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMSweet View Post
    I finally rented the P320 Compact yesterday and it felt pretty nice. Coming from my M&P with a safety, I failed to achieve slide lock on any of the strings due to my thumb working it's way over to the release lever. Even when I started the string by placing my thumb on top of my support thumb. Of course that is a shooter induced malfunction, but something I would need to train out of me if I switch. I seemed to shoot a bit left with the Sig compared to my M&P and it's possible the rear sight was slightly off center. The rental P320 had a single click with a nice reset. The two in the case for sale, a compact and a carry, both had double clicks. I only put a box of ammo through it due to range prices, but I could like it.
    Interesting, I have tried several Sigs over the last year or two, and frequently have had issues with failure to achieve slide lock. Except with the 320. Rented a Full size a few weeks ago, and we purchased "his and hers" sub-compacts this past Tuesday, and no problem.
    Ergonomics are (is?) a funny thing (things?) YMMV and all that.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I have shot right about 100 rds through two 320's. 100 total. So, not enough rds to really add much to this conversation. I do think my experience with it may be of some interest though. I fired 5 rds for group with the first 320 I ever shot. This told me where it was hitting, how accurate it was, what the recoil was like, and how the trigger felt. I then shot 5 pressouts. This improved my understanding of the recoil and trigger reset. I then shot 2 FAST drills back to back. One was 4.5 or so, and the other was 4.7 or so.

So, I think the 320 is pretty shootable, just like most other duty guns:-) I'm sure with some dedicated practice, it could be shot really well, but I think it speaks well of the gun that it was that easy to shoot well, right off the bat. I may have the chance to really wear some 320's out, so if that happens, I'm looking forward to it.
    I like this -- the 100 round test.

Take it out if the box, dry fire some, shoot a five round group, and then figure out how well you can shoot it on some standardized tests. Reminds me of college -- how much could you learn about a girl on one date. I suspect it is largely an expectations game, and if you think you can accomplish a lot, you probably can.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Take it out if the box, dry fire some, shoot a five round group, and then figure out how well you can shoot it on some standardized tests. Reminds me of college -- how much could you learn about a girl on one date. I suspect it is largely an expectations game, and if you think you can accomplish a lot, you probably can.
    Follow on to this - I'm in the market for a new carry gun (maybe). I've been to the range to shot a couple rentals (G43, Shield) as well as a buddy's P2000SK Light LEM.

It would be interesting if the SMEs / experts could suggest a good 'test' or 'evaluation' course of fire that you could use on a new to you gun in oh, a box of ammo or 50 rounds.

I'm making this up, but:

10 rounds slow fire 3 yards warm up
    10 rounds on a 3x5 at 7 yards
    10 rounds of dot torture
    5 rounds sho 7 yards
    5 rounds who 7 yards
    10 rounds 2h 25 yards on a B-8

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ... I suspect it is largely an expectations game, and if you think you can accomplish a lot, you probably can.
    Are we talking about college dating, or shooting? :-) Similar fields of study.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Follow on to this - I'm in the market for a new carry gun (maybe). I've been to the range to shot a couple rentals (G43, Shield) as well as a buddy's P2000SK Light LEM.

It would be interesting if the SMEs / experts could suggest a good 'test' or 'evaluation' course of fire that you could use on a new to you gun in oh, a box of ammo or 50 rounds.

I'm making this up, but:

10 rounds slow fire 3 yards warm up
    10 rounds on a 3x5 at 7 yards
    10 rounds of dot torture
    5 rounds sho 7 yards
    5 rounds who 7 yards
    10 rounds 2h 25 yards on a B-8

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You need to incorporate more work under time pressure. I find that slow fire accuracy doesn't necessarily translate into actual performance at speed. For simplicity maybe some bill drills from 7 to 25 yds, Garcia dot drill, a bill drill onto a 3x5 card at 7, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Honestly outside of Bianchi or bullseye guns that isn't needed. Out of the box most of the P320s I've seen are 2" at 25 yards guns.

Now if you are shooting Bianchi a fitted 320 is killer.
    I appreciate the feedback. I did go back and forth on whether or not to have this done, for exactly why you stated. In the end, I just decided that I wanted to see how much you could get out of the pistol and I could. Disposable income is a wonderful thing. A fool and his money and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    You need to incorporate more work under time pressure. I find that slow fire accuracy doesn't necessarily translate into actual performance at speed. For simplicity maybe some bill drills from 7 to 25 yds, Garcia dot drill, a bill drill onto a 3x5 card at 7, etc.
    Ok.

Could you pose a specific 50 round course of fire that could be used to evaluate a handgun?

User Tag List