Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 consensus

P320 consensus

Is there an informed consensus developing regarding this model? I would like to purchase a full size for duty and compact for off-duty, but I'm not seeing a lot of P320 discussion on the forum (unless I have just missed it). The model is certainly not taking off the way I thought it would.

Perhaps it is just being eclipsed by the VP9.

Any thoughts?

There are a couple long threads here on it. I would judge the consensus is just like the VP9, it's a swell SFA pistol one can do very good work with.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    Is there an informed consensus developing regarding this model? I would like to purchase a full size for duty and compact for off-duty, but I'm not seeing a lot of P320 discussion on the forum (unless I have just missed it). The model is certainly not taking off the way I thought it would.

Perhaps it is just being eclipsed by the VP9.

Any thoughts?
    I think most of the discussion seemed to be in this thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....0-range-report

I liked the P320C, but flipped a coin at the LGS and bought a VP9. It was very close.

There's a forum/sub-forum very dedicated to the P320 model(s), here.

The posts seem to address "fan-boy-gushes"; individual likes/dislikes; small problems; and minor parts changes.

For my money and peace-of-mind, I've mainly stayed with Glock and SIG, which consist of proven, older models. The SIGs I carry are P226R and P229R, as I didn't wish to dive into a brand-new platform not knowing about all the small reliability issues which come up. At the time, I didn't even have a conveniently located dealer where I could feel the differences between the grip-frame sizes.

I'm still getting used to Glock's Gen4 idiosyncrasies.
    Last edited by L-2; 12-11-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Standby and check back in June 2016.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I Had a P320, a PPQ9 and several VP9's as well as 9mm Glocks. I still have 9mm Glocks , VP9's and a VP40.

I reviewed a full size. 40 and own a 9mm compact. All of the news is good so far. Several of us shot a bunch of different rounds through the .40 without any problem except for two of us with longer thumbs kept the slide from locking back reliably. My daughter just did a two-day, 1000 rounds school with the 9mm and all went well.

The Oklahoma HP did some (pretty) good testing on the pistol and ended up adopting it. I have high hopes.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I've been very favorably impressed with my P320. Its biggest downside from my point of view is that it doesn't have the aftermarket support of the Glock/M&P duo.
    Last edited by Tamara; 12-11-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

That's a bit of a wait. What are we waiting on?
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Standby and check back in June 2016.

Mine is extremely accurate and has been 100% reliable. I only have 1000 rounds through it though.

User Tag List