Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 consensus

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Its a freakin Sig tsunami of innovation. WTF
    Handguns, rifles, submachine guns, silencers, optics, lasers, apparel, training...definitely a company that is simultaneously expanding and diversifying their products and services.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I enjoy them on my G19s.

I sent charger sights with my 320s to Robert Burke but for some reason wouldn't work and he put the 320 comp sights on. I don't remember exactly what the issue was when he explained it to me but said he generally has to instal taller front sights to bring impact point down from factory sights.
    Interesting, thanks for the info

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

They make the chargers in whatever height you want. And if they don't have your exact size, they'll make a custom one for you with pretty minimal wait time. I'm using their sights on a few of my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Is it a trick of the camera or light or is that adjustable rear really high?
    There was a slight space between the rear sight and slide but the camera angle makes it look a lot more than usual. The target guns were not production versions, they were prototypes, and they haven't decided on which sight they will use for production.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I own a pair of 320c's in 9mm. The first one I bought on a whim and was astounded at how impressed I was with the gun. Then I let my wife shoot it, and once I bought a small size compact frame for her little hands, the gun was no longer mine. So... I bought another one. And a large compact frame for my larger hands. These two guns were bought within about 2-3 months apart. They are different enough that they might as well be made by different companies.

The second gun has the trigger that is supposed to prevent fingers from being pinched. Neither of us has had fingers pinched on the first gun with the original trigger. The second gun has the double click thing going on when you dry fire. It also had a pin fall out of the fire control group when I first swapped out the frames. Sig CS was excellent, they emailed me a RMA and a shipping label. Replaced a couple of parts in the fire control group to prevent things falling out, and shipped the gun back. Still had the double clicks going on during dry firing. (This was before people started to comment on the issue on the internet). A call to the CS rep said they fired 50 rounds of ammunition through the gun and it's to spec, and Have a nice day.

For my hands, the medium and small grips feel great, just too small. The large grips have a pointy feel along the ridge of the back of the grip. Hard to explain, but I'm not impressed with the resulting feel as much as I am with the medium size grip.

When I took it to the range for the first time, it functioned 100%. And the ejection was strong and consistent. A good thing, to be sure. Had this 320 been the only gun I was shooting at the time, I would have been impressed, sort of. But I also brought the Gen4 Glock 19 that I carry off-duty, the M&P9 I am issued and carry on-duty, and my VP9. I could live with any of these guns if I had to. And if I am not under a timer, my accuracy out to about 15 yds (distance we were shooting that day) is about the same with all of the above. Well, the M&P9 does fall behind just a bit.

The issue is that my shot to shot splits are a bit faster with the Glock 19. Granted this is going to be effected by carrying a Glock 19 off-duty for about 15 years or so, and only having about 10 minutes worth of experience with the 320. But when I put everything away except for the 320c and the VP9, I kept coming back to the VP9. My accuracy and shot to shot splits just seem a bit better with the VP9. If only there was a version of the VP9 with a Glock 19 size frame...

I decided to sell off the second 320c. But I haven't done so, not yet. On one hand, I feel that Sig released the design just a bit too soon and are using the consumers as beta testers. We are seeing some of the changes, that I feel would have been nice to have bene included in the initial guns. I really don't like the inconsistencies between just my sample of two guns. One is a dream to dry fire. The other feels as if it has a double trigger break.

So part of me is upset that Sig is making changes to the guns as a result of using the market as a beta tester. But then part of me is impressed that Sig is actually willing to listen to the market and to address the issues brought to their attention, instead of quoting the fact that their product is "perfection" and that we all must be limp wristing the guns.
    Are you able to stay proficient with all those different pistols?

I have trouble with trying to do that. Keeps me from being a 'gun collector'. I just have a bunch of 9mm Glocks.

As far as the 320... Meh. Never got the urge to hold one, but I have looked at a few through the glass counter.

Interesting Interview with Tom Taylor and Rich Morovitz from SIG SAUER posted at SIGForum. Not much in the way of new product details, but intruiging insight into the business and SIG's corporate direction.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-27-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Finally got around to shooting my 320C 9mm...two failures to extract in 60rds using factory 124gr AE ammo. Not impressed. There are other things I don't like about it as well. Polymer seems really chincy, the FCG looks like it was finished with a dull rock. Overall, this gun seems like a poor afterthough, which it is. I'm not even gonna contact Sig about it. It's going up river with full disclosure.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Are you able to stay proficient with all those different pistols?

I have trouble with trying to do that. Keeps me from being a 'gun collector'. I just have a bunch of 9mm Glocks.
    The short answer is no. I'm hugely bad at being a gun of the month guy and I have a lot of handguns. My bedside/full size standard (Beretta 92) and daily carry (Walther PPS) get shot every range trip, but I accepted long ago that I won't be as skilled as someone who truly commits to one platform. Which is fine by me. Very much an individual thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Not impressed.
    Neither me; and I didn't even shoot it.

A local guy wanted to trade me a FDE P320C, with four magazines, for my old 3953 and its few mags. The P320C looked and felt… cheap. Trigger felt okay, but overall the pistol seemed way too fat for my tastes. Interestingly enough, earlier that day I had been all up in the middle of a P250C evidence pistol that was found long-buried in mud and suspected of being a murder weapon. Took me most of the day to get it apart, cleaned up, re-assembled, and test-fired. After all of that, I actually wouldn't mind having a P250C for a stash piece; and if I ever run across one cheap, will probably buy it.

But the P320C left me cold. I have been reading the various opinions/impressions here with some interest; but it simply doesn't trip my trigger, if you will. Then again, neither does the VP9… so maybe I'm a closet hammer guy…

User Tag List