Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 consensus

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Neither me; and I didn't even shoot it.

A local guy wanted to trade me a FDE P320C, with four magazines, for my old 3953 and its few mags. The P320C looked and felt… cheap. Trigger felt okay, but overall the pistol seemed way too fat for my tastes. Interestingly enough, earlier that day I had been all up in the middle of a P250C evidence pistol that was found long-buried in mud and suspected of being a murder weapon. Took me most of the day to get it apart, cleaned up, re-assembled, and test-fired. After all of that, I actually wouldn't mind having a P250C for a stash piece; and if I ever run across one cheap, will probably buy it.

But the P320C left me cold. I have been reading the various opinions/impressions here with some interest; but it simply doesn't trip my trigger, if you will. Then again, neither does the VP9… so maybe I'm a closet hammer guy…

Good data point. The main thing I was actually disappointed with when the 320 was released was how complicated it seems to disassemble/reassemble the FCU. At the time, there was like one youtube video of a guy trying to bumble through it, and it seemed like a lot of squinting and holding things just so. It seems so straightforward and simple otherwise...but I get the feeling the FCU prevents it from being Glock-simple in the detail strip and clean department.

Anyone take an armorer's class for this yet? What sort of maintenance does the FCU need, and how hard is it to dis/reassemble the right way?
    Last edited by GRV; 01-31-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Are you able to stay proficient with all those different pistols?

I have trouble with trying to do that. Keeps me from being a 'gun collector'. I just have a bunch of 9mm Glocks.

As far as the 320... Meh. Never got the urge to hold one, but I have looked at a few through the glass counter.
    The M&P9 and the Glock 19, yes I am able to stay proficient. The M&P9 is the third action type of pistol that I have been issued in the last 23 years, and I've been issued M&P9's for a while now (10 years maybe? Our first M&P9's came with ND agreements as the T&E's were preproduction prototypes.) I quietly started carrying a Glock 19 off-duty about 16 years ago when the issued gun at the time was a brick known as the 5906. So I have some years of training and experience with both the M&P and Glock. I'm more proficient with the M&P due to the amount and type of training I can get with the pistol at work. Especially the force on force SIM's training with the M&P. But much of it transfers to the Glock.

I bought the VP9 because I liked the concept, and I like the consistency one can get with H&K. For now, the VP9 is a "fun gun". When I retire in a couple of years, it may very well become the gun that I use to retire the other two. If H&K ever comes out with a VP9sk to pair up with a VP9, then it's a done deal for me.

I had hight hopes for the Sig 320c becoming my "retirement gun". But it wasn't mean to be I guess. My wife likes hers, a lot. But for me, it's just ok. Not bad, not good, just ok.

After over 40 years being involved in the gun culture, I have a acquired a few guns that have special meaning or sentimental value. These guns will stay until I'm gone, then get passed to various kids. But I wouldn't call myself a "Collector". As for my proficiency with a pistol, I can hold my own. I work for a Department that is currently down to about 1,100 officers. Anyone who has worked as an LEO knows how much officers like to talk (Gossip). I'm known for a lot of things within my agency and within the region. One of the more positive things is that I'm proficient with a pistol. But I agree that it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to stay proficient with a pistol if you are switching guns often. When I retire, my plan is to shelve (retire) my duty and off-duty pistols and spend a year or so shooting my new carry gun. As my eyes did not get the memo about, "Age being a state of mind", my retirement guns may also have a RDO on them.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I'm not even gonna contact Sig about it. It's going up river with full disclosure.
    I'll give you $50 for that worthless, poorly made pistol.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'll give you $50 for that worthless, poorly made pistol.
    Well, it doesn't work, so as a pistol it is worthless, & certainly it's poorly made, but I think I can get more than $50 for it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'll go $100.

$200 right here! Honestly, did I win the lottery? I must have, because I got the only good P320 ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
    $200 right here! Honestly, did I win the lottery? I must have, because I got the only good P320 ever made!
    No you don't. Seems it is only you and I with good ones made. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    No you don't. Seems it is only you and I with good ones made. :-)
    I lucked out too, with my half dozen.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I lucked out too, with my half dozen.
    I know how that is; lucking out with a dozen late model Glocks.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'll add my 4 plus 5 more owned by friends for a total of 9 unicorn 320s.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-31-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Are you able to stay proficient with all those different pistols?

I have trouble with trying to do that. Keeps me from being a 'gun collector'. I just have a bunch of 9mm Glocks.

As far as the 320... Meh. Never got the urge to hold one, but I have looked at a few through the glass counter.
    I stay proficient with my work guns - Glock 17, 26 and a 340 J frame. The rest I shoot for fun.

Like Beat Trash I've had a few different duty guns over my career: Ruger. GP-100, Sig P-220 (POW) Beretta 96D brigadier, HK USPC LEM 40, SIG 229R DAK 40 and now the 9mm Glocks (POW). My agency is testing striker fired 9mm's (including the 320) to replace our P229R DAK 40s so there will likely be at least one more before I retire.

I've recently been comparing the VP-9 and 320C to my Gen 4 G17 for my own amusement. I have about 1k rounds each through the VP-9 and 320C, The VP-9 is the most mechanically accurate but I get some vertical stringing ( it's me / the grip not the gun). I've had no malfunctions with the VP-9.

Of the three I seem shoot the 320C the best. I'm not sure how much of that is the 320's superiority and how much is transference from the P229 DAK I previously carried for 6 years. The 320 is definitely a better faster trigger system than the DAK. I have had two instances where the 320C failed to fire, apparently ammo related because of failure to fully go fully back into battery. In one of those instances the rounds subsequently chambered and fired in my G17.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-31-2016 at 04:11 PM.

User Tag List