Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Uber Driver with Concealed Permit stops mass shooting

As you guys know I am a little out of touch with this stuff. So let me get this straight. Strangers get a hold of you through the internet on some thing on your phone and you drive them to wherever they want with a promise of some money at the end. Kind of like giving friends rides for some gas and beer money but with strangers.....and people do this in urban crap holes? I learned a term for this in Texas.....isn't that like hunting at the corn feeder.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Not quite the same, nyeti... Uber drivers put an app on their smartphone which allows riders to summon them, sure. But instead of being paid directly by the passenger, the passenger pays Uber and the driver gets paid by Uber.
    Last edited by MichaelD; 12-15-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Coeur d' Alene Idaho is Not an urban crap hole....

People are Strange when you're a Stranger

Also if Alaska was split in two, Texas would be the 3rd largest state...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Ledbetter View Post
    Reading is a gift. Read my post...I didn't say uber is only in urban crap holes I was questioning the original post and topic in which people are essentially picking up strangers in places like Chicago (that was an urban craphole from a lot of what I saw when I was there) and then surprised about getting criminals in your car or being victimized....which is why I think their non armed policy is amazingly stupid.

Yes, people are strange....which is why I wouldn't let them in my vehicle.......especially un armed.

In reference to hunting on bait....not a Texas is awesome, just an observation that if I was doing this uber thing in south Dallas and carrying a firearm, I think it wouldn't take long before needing to use it.

Coeur d' Alene is the type of place where this kind of thing makes sense.....and its likely all the drivers are armed no matter what the rules say. Doing this unarmed in an urban crap hole does not make sense to me, especially unarmed.

Hope this helps to what I was getting at.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

10-4, sorry if I misunderstood your post. I can't say publicly if I carry, but I think you know the answer to that question. All of my passengers have been good to go so far.
    Most people are just grateful for a safe ride home. That being said I'm still on high alert at all times..

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Reading is a gift. Read my post...I didn't say uber is only in urban crap holes I was questioning the original post and topic in which people are essentially picking up strangers in places like Chicago (that was an urban craphole from a lot of what I saw when I was there) and then surprised about getting criminals in your car or being victimized....which is why I think their non armed policy is amazingly stupid.

Yes, people are strange....which is why I wouldn't let them in my vehicle.......especially un armed.

In reference to hunting on bait....not a Texas is awesome, just an observation that if I was doing this uber thing in south Dallas and carrying a firearm, I think it wouldn't take long before needing to use it.

Coeur d' Alene is the type of place where this kind of thing makes sense.....and its likely all the drivers are armed no matter what the rules say. Doing this unarmed in an urban crap hole does not make sense to me, especially unarmed.

Hope this helps to what I was getting at.
    Regarding all of your concerns, it's no different than getting a taxi.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Ledbetter View Post
    Last time I checked Coeur d’Alene was rated the most dangerous city in Idaho. I imagine the trash coming over from Spokane is part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Last time I checked Coeur d’Alene was rated the most dangerous city in Idaho. I imagine the trash coming over from Spokane is part of the problem.
    LOL. You would think Idaho Falls or Twin Falls would take that prize. I have been to Coeur d’Alene and found it to be a nice place. I also lived in the Chicago suburbs for 20 years and it makes Coeur d’Alene look like a theme park filled with unicorns and lollipops.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List